Markakis 4/48m or Rios 1/8.5m?

wildcard

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not offer Markakis something like 4/36 with a club option and buy out for a 5th year. I think he wants to stay an O for as long as he can, and the AAV would be secondary. That's projecting him at an average of 1.5 WAR per year. I think he can manage that.

Why not offer Markakis something like 4/36 with a club option and buy out for a 5th year. I think he wants to stay an O for as long as he can, and the AAV would be secondary. That's projecting him at an average of 1.5 WAR per year. I think he can manage that.

Because there reaches a point where for a team like the O's, the production gets too low to pay market value for.

Why not offer Markakis something like 4/36 with a club option and buy out for a 5th year.

I'm sure they are offering Markakis something like that, which is why they're still far apart in their discussions. He would get way more than that on the market based on early indications.

Because there reaches a point where for a team like the O's' date=' the production gets too low to pay market value for.[/quote']

Roch Kubatko

As for Markakis, I've heard that he turned down a preliminary offer and the sides continue to talk. The lines of communication remain open. It's just not going to be a quick process.

I am not in favor of signing a 10/5 guy in his 30's to a four year extension. Throw in his less then elite production and everyone else should agree.

No doubt. I would be fine with a 2 year deal. I don't think I would add a guaranteed 3rd year though.

How much longer are his at bats compared to the worst pitch seer on the team? And how much money will you pay for long at bats that end with a low 7something OPS?

Adam has shorter at bats with much more productive outcomes. Jonathan has shorter at bats with less contact, but greater power. Nick has very little power anymore.

Archived