Jones speaks out on Markakis departure (Per Sun)

MemorialStadKid

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My take away from all of these quotations...

Nelson Cruz may have been a good teammate and solid producer but he was clearly creating clubhouse distractions. Hard to have the type of clubhouse the Orioles want with loads of outside people coming in.

Pretty sure it was a joke. AJ'S in your face sense of humor is sometimes misinterpreted.

Pretty sure it was a joke. AJ'S in your face sense of humor is sometimes misinterpreted.

Especially when after he said that he says, "No, but seriously..." I would have thought it was self explanatory that he was teasing Nellie, but I guess not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jones signed extension after told club would do everything to win. "This is one of those crossroads where you say, 'OK what's the plan?'"</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jones signed extension after told club would do everything to win. "This is one of those crossroads where you say, 'OK what's the plan?'"</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

If I were Jones I'd be a little concerned as well. He's seen two major contributors leave the team while also seeing a major bullpen arm let go (Miller) and he knows that our pitching isn't what we need for a real playoff run for the next two or three seasons (our actual window).

I am willing to give DD a week or two after the Winter Meetings before I get upset about the lack of movement. This is a relatively weak FA class - especially for OFs - so it's going to be interesting to see how DD gets this thing back on track.

MSK

What he knew is that Nick would never be in his way because Nick couldn't cover enough ground to get in his way.

In all seriousness, in seven years of playing the outfield together, how many times did you see them collide? How many times did you see a ball fall in because each one thought the other one was going to take it? How many times did you see them miscommunicate with each other, or take a ball that was on the bounce where the other one had a better throwing angle?

My answer is, never. I don't recall a single episode like that, ever. There may have been a couple, but nothing comes to mind. That's pretty extraordinary.

In all seriousness, in seven years of playing the outfield together, how many times did you see them collide? How many times did you see a ball fall in because each one thought the other one was going to take it? How many times did you see them miscommunicate with each other, or take a ball that was on the bounce where the other one had a better throwing angle?

My answer is, never. I don't recall a single episode like that, ever. There may have been a couple, but nothing comes to mind. That's pretty extraordinary.

They did real well playing together. I am sure that both players will miss playing with each other.

Same could have been said January of last year. Remember everyone was pretty mad last offseason when they were talking of trading Hardy and Weiters, traded Jim Johnson, and looked like a joke trying to sign Balfour. I specifically remember a reporter saying those in the locker room were questioning team direction. Look how last year went.

I am gonna reserve judgement until a.) the off season is complete, and b.) someone actually proves DD is wrong for not signing them. In hindsight, he did make a real mistake not giving Markakis a QO.

Archived