• trade for Upton
    • trade for Fowler
    • sign Melky
    • sign Aoki
    • sign Morse
    • Sign Delmon
    • stay in hous
    • some combintation of above or an other option

With the loss of Cruz and Nick we need to replace their offense. Lot's of options. Trade for Kemp, Upton, or Fowler? Sign Melky, Aoki, Delmon, or Morse. Stay in house and hope for the best from Pearce De Aza, Lough, Alverez, etc? Or some combination of the above. What's the best move IYO?

Not sure. I don't think I can just pick one. There's one guy you left out that I would consider. Alex Rios. Should be had cheaply on a one year deal. He was bothered by a sore thumb in the 2nd half of the year and had surgery on it after the season. He's going to be 34 but I like him on a one year deal if we can't get Kemp or Upton.

In 2013, Rios actually stole 42 bases, hit 18 home runs, had 81 RBI, and put up a .756 OPS. He had a .773 OPS in the 1st half last year before the thumb injury. An average to tick below in RF. No players given up. No comp pick attached. One year to see what we have with Alvarez. Buy low candidate.

This allows you to use Pearce with De Aza in LF and at 1B to spot Davis and DH. Lough can spell Rios in RF on occasion. We would still be able to sign a Morales or Morse to DH.

Damn...this is actually a damn fine plan. Almost the exact reasoning behind the Cruz signing last year. I like it!

Archived