Dave Robertson To The White Sox

section18

I believe over the next four years that Tommy Hunter could possibly have better statistics. There. I said it.

Could happen, though based on their track records, I wouldn't bet on it unless someone gave me pretty good odds. The main thing is, over the next four years there will be very few relievers, if any, who are worth $46 mm. Over the last four years, only Kimbrell and Holland were worth that, according to fangraphs. Robertson himself has been worth $36.7 mm over the last four years at ages 26-29, and even though there has been and will be some salary inflation over the next four years, it's not that likely that Robertson will be as good at ages 30-33 as he was at 26-29.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I'm not convinced Yankee bias is as much a thing in award voting these days (including the All Star game). I can't think of any recent instances where a Yankee won a big award unduly.
    • He’s baaaack. DH for the FCL Orioles.  Walked his first time up.   The FCL Orioles have no other place for rehab games.  This is it!
    • Rodon has had two bad/blow up starts (one against us and one on Sat night against the Red Sox) in his last ELEVEN. 9 of those 11 starts were quality starts. Of those 9 quality starts, he actually (himself) not the team, won 8 of those games. I know it's 2024 and pitcher wins are discounted. But that is still uber impressive to me. To have 9 out of 11 games be quality starts is ace like IMO. So yes I would rather have the guy with 9 out of 11 quality starts as opposed to the guy with ZERO, the guy with FOUR, and the guy (who albeit was hurt for some of that time) has THREE. Rodon has more quality starts in that stretch than all 3 COMBINED. Of course, I know the counter argument could be that he has just been lucky and his peripherals aren't as good as he has pitched. For me, I would love for our guys to get that "lucky" consistently.
    • The way Gil is pitching right now is elite and if they don't throttle him back as innings are likely to be a concern at some point this summer according to YES and the NY media, and Gil keeps up what he's doing it will have nothing to do with the Yankee factor. He essentially replaced Cole while he was hurt and is putting a Cy Young season together.
    • I'll believe it if he signs it, too.   If he wins the MVP this year, that contract is going to have to be higher than the BWJ contract, too.  
    • Any talk of RotY probability has to factor in that Gil is a Yankee and the voting will likely be biased by that. If Gil keeps pitching well no one else has a chance, and he’ll have to drop off a good bit to open the door IMO.    Maybe I’m putting too much stock into the Yankee thing, but I don’t think so. Media guys love them some Yanks. 
    • Wait, there’s a ZERO chance he turns down the Witt contract.   Haven’t you heard?   Not that they will offer him the Witt contract.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now