Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tampering with another team's employee isn't too far off from sabotaging another team's prospect...

I don't actually think Jays would ever do that, but I'd prefer not to have one of our players under their control.

If I'm Angelos, I hold out for Sanchez or Norris or the deal is off, and we keep our guy.

I'd go for Hoffman & Pompey (yes one would be fair but who cares about fair at this point). It would be out of need for a young outfielder...and to stick it to the Jays by taking a popular hometown guy.

Can we please stop trying to solve complex questions with tweets from Jim Bowden?

I could ask my 2 year-old niece about her opinion, if you're really desperate.

I'm really desperate.

What does your 2 year-old niece think?

Hoffman's recovery would prevent him from playing much (developing) this spring, but is anyone else a little uneasy about the idea of having OUR prospect remain in the Blue Jays system for another six months?

Especially now that we know what kind of business they run...

He would simple be rehabbing. In fact, he could rehab with our staff. HE would not be on a field until after being officially traded.

Like you, I am not making any assumptions about what has gone on here. However, I do think Toronto's apparent use of the media to interfere with the normal process, if shown to be intentional, is pretty outrageous.

I'm behind on this thread so forgive me if discussed earlier... If it is Ed Rogers doing the "tampering" and he has no official position with the Jays, are the Jays in any way culpable? A little like money laundering.

I'm behind on this thread so forgive me if discussed earlier... If it is Ed Rogers doing the "tampering" and he has no official position with the Jays, are the Jays in any way culpable? A little like money laundering.

The Blue Jays are owned by a corporation. Ed Rogers is the deputy chairman of that corporation and controls the majority of the voting shares. He is the Chairman of the Blue Jays. These are all very official positions.

I mean he must have some kind of position with the Blue Jays or else he wouldn't have a say in the search for a new president. I am a little unclear about what role Rogers has, though.

The Blue Jays are owned by a corporation. Ed Rogers is the deputy chairman of that corporation and controls the majority of the voting shares. He is the Chairman of the Blue Jays. These are all very official positions.
I mean he must have some kind of position with the Blue Jays or else he wouldn't have a say in the search for a new president. I am a little unclear about what role Rogers has, though.

Fair enough. It's something I've wondered about this whole time, and really didn't understand.

BJ's FO is messed up tho.

e: And coming from a Baltimore fan that's saying a lot. :P

Archived