Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Yep, I strongly disagree with the Jays contacting Dan at this crucial time of the offseason? as well as think DD handled this poorly. He could at least be a little more respectful of the organization who gave him a second chance at a career.

Zero loyalty after no one was willing to give him a chance. On the other hand no one else was willing to take the job.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but MacPhail made some huge improvements to our team that helped get us eventually become a winner. He pretty much built the core of this team by trading Bedard for Jones and Tillman, trading for Hardy, among other moves.

Duquette gets more done in a day than MacPhail got done in a month and that's the primary reason why it would be a disaster for him to return. MacPhail made some improvements and a couple of good trades, but it is an exaggeration to say he built the core of the team.

If the core of a team was one starter every team in the league would be great.

I read over the one of six part and the specific reference to starting pitchers. I think AM made a decision to rebuild the roster with cost controlled talent which was a sharp departure from the business of the past. Some of that talent was already in the system, but I see a roster consisting of talent dating back to the AM era including Tillman, Jones, Hardy, Davis, Hunter, Britton, and Wieters. As I said, AM didn't acquire all of the names I mentioned, but he changed the course of the franchise with a mandate to build the club organically and his fingerprints are all over the current roster. You are correct that only one of our current starting pitchers was with the club during the AM era, though it can be said that it is our staff ace.

I think I'm just going to tune out a bit on the off season until this story is behind us. If that means spring training, so be it. I thought we were done with this after the 90+ page thread started to move down the board, and now here we are again.

I admit that the story is somewhat troubling; but for people to drop lines insinuating that Duquette is not 100% committed to improving the Orioles because of this, is just false and is frustrating to sift through and read. The bottom line is, the Blue Jays position is NOT CURRENTLY OPEN. Beeston has announced he's staying for another year. If DD leaves at the end of next season, so be it, we can move on. But until then, this is nothing but a tired conversation, no matter who at ESPN tries to stoke the fire.

Duquette gets more done in a day than MacPhail got done in a month and that's the primary reason why it would be a disaster for him to return. MacPhail made some improvements and a couple of good trades, but it is an exaggeration to say he built the core of the team.

I like Andy MacPhail. And this.

Just make the compensation be two first rd picks. With all the FA's after next season we need someone to make all those important decision. It could be a way better attractive job than it was last time around. A GM would basically come in with only Jones and Hardy signed to LT deals and a whole bunch of First rd comp picks. Or just give the job to Buck and let him hire a manager.

I agree with everything you say about AM and I will always be grateful for his contributions to the club and, especially, how he was able to convince PA to change course. However, I'm not sure AM is the right person for the job not that the franchise is a solid contender.

I think AM was fine in laying out the initial structural reorganization that was needed. Beyond that, I found him pretty lacking. AM hit on some great trades but it's a lot easier to trade off your best players when you're a horrible team than it is to make trades when you're actually competing.

I read over the one of six part and the specific reference to starting pitchers. I think AM made a decision to rebuild the roster with cost controlled talent which was a sharp departure from the business of the past. Some of that talent was already in the system, but I see a roster consisting of talent dating back to the AM era including Tillman, Jones, Hardy, Davis, Hunter, Britton, and Wieters. As I said, AM didn't acquire all of the names I mentioned, but he changed the course of the franchise with a mandate to build the club organically and his fingerprints are all over the current roster. You are correct that only one of our current starting pitchers was with the club during the AM era, though it can be said that it is our staff ace.

He picked up a bunch of washed-up players and overpaid for relievers and didn't have a clue how to run a farm-system. Tillman wouldn't be effective now if Macphail was still in charge. He didn't know how to develop players. The team has come a long way since he left. I don't want him back.

I think I'm just going to tune out a bit on the off season until this story is behind us. If that means spring training, so be it. I thought we were done with this after the 90+ page thread started to move down the board, and now here we are again.

I admit that the story is somewhat troubling; but for people to drop lines insinuating that Duquette is not 100% committed to improving the Orioles because of this, is just false and is frustrating to sift through and read. The bottom line is, the Blue Jays position is NOT CURRENTLY OPEN. Beeston has announced he's staying for another year. If DD leaves at the end of next season, so be it, we can move on. But until then, this is nothing but a tired conversation, no matter who at ESPN tries to stoke the fire.

I will handle the snark if you want to stick around. I'll shut this one too at the end of the day. There is no new news. It was just something to drive folks to an insider article.

Just make the compensation be two first rd picks. With all the FA's after next season we need someone to make all those important decision. It could be a way better attractive job than it was last time around. A GM would basically come in with only Jones and Hardy signed to LT deals and a whole bunch of First rd comp picks. Or just give the job to Buck and let him hire a manager.

There is no precedent to give two first round picks. Besides, that would come from the league, not from Toronto.

I think AM was fine in laying out the initial structural reorganization that was needed. Beyond that, I found him pretty lacking. AM hit on some great trades but it's a lot easier to trade off your best players when you're a horrible team than it is to make trades when you're actually competing.

A simple concept that so many fail to understand.

Guest rochester
They don't send them home. The give them a new office at the other end of the warehouse. Sometimes on a different floor if I remember correctly.

next to Petey I hope....

Archived