@ Duke 2/13

EddieO's21

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well at least they are smart right...thats a positive' date=' i just love watching their pocket protector fans cheer for their beloved blue devils[/quote']

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/maryland_terps/blog/2008/02/lefty_the_graduation_rate_and_coach_ks_birthday.html

It's too late for a retort in College Park, but my next door neighbor's son who went here a few years ago once told me it was harder to get an 'A' at our local high school than it was at Duke.

The first one was legit. The second was a terrible angle, so I have no idea.

Seriously, though - are we really upset about anything other than Maryland's atrocious play?

Maryland's lucky to survive that. They're not shooting well. They're turning the ball over. And they're still in it.

If it's a bad call, i'm going to call it a bad call. Yes, MD has turned the ball over and hasn't been able to hit a shot, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other factors that contribute to a loss.

i thought the call was questionable at best and i'm a die hard umd fan, all im saying is that it seems our fans have been too easy to pass blame on the refs for our bad play rather than suck it up....me included

If it's a bad call, i'm going to call it a bad call. Yes, MD has turned the ball over and hasn't been able to hit a shot, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other factors that contribute to a loss.

Oh, c'mon. The refs aren't even the beginning of a factor in this game so far.

In no way am i saying that the predominant reason that MD is losing is because of the refs. I'm saying that those two out of bounds calls were bad. Clearly when MD is 0/3 from 3-point land and duke is 7-14, there's your difference.

i think even more than that is points off TO's...nothing worse than that

Duke is better than I have given them credit for. They are great shooters. Maryland is playing poorly. That said, it is a crime that Maryland has more fouls than Duke. Duke plays so smart and physical that for every foul called against them they get away with two. Really good coaching.

Archived