Metal detectors at Camden Yards

Going Underground

i was wondering if the Orioles will have something similar to the Pirates.

Guests planning to come to PNC Park are encouraged to leave all unnecessary metal objects at home or in their vehicle. As in past seasons, guests should continue to allow for additional time when entering the ballpark. The Pirates will position signage and guest service personnel at the approach of each walk-through metal detector to instruct guests of the simple procedure as they arrive. Additional personnel will be positioned at each machine to ensure a smooth entrance process.

Unlike the screening machines at airports, when approaching the ballpark walk-through metal detectors, guests are asked to NOT REMOVE any jackets, belts, coins, keys, wallets, watches, or other objects of similar size. By NOT removing these items, it will help expedite the screening process.

Guests will be asked to REMOVE cell phones, cameras, tablets, laptops and other large metal objects. When approaching the walk-through metal detectors, guests will be asked to slide these items in an extended tray that will be fixed alongside each individual machine in close proximity and in clear sight. Once through the machine, each fan can easily and quickly gather their items and proceed inside the ballpark.

riole Park at Camden Yards, in conjunction with Major League Baseball, has established the following security procedures for entrance into the ballpark:

In 2015, metal detectors will be present at all Oriole Park entrances.

All items permitted into the ballpark will be inspected. No large bags or oversized items, or bags on wheels, are allowed in the ballpark

Non-alcoholic beverages in plastic bottles are permitted into the park. All items will be checked at the gates and any beverage which has been opened or partially consumed prior to entry is subject to confiscation if it is thought to contain alcohol. In addition, no plastic or paper cups of beverages are permitted into the park at the entry gates.

No containers or unauthorized items can be left at any park entrance. You will be asked to return them to your vehicle.

Weapons of any kind are not permitted in the ballpark.

Air horns, cowbells, and other noisemakers are prohibited. Brooms and camera stands, such as tripods, are also not permitted in the ballpark.

No re-entry will be permitted. Once you enter the ballpark, you will not be permitted to leave and re-enter the facility. Please make sure you have everything you need with you before entering the ballpark.

Only vehicles dropping off or picking up guests with disabilities are permitted to stop curbside at the ballpark. No other vehicles are permitted curbside, nor will people be able to stand and wait with their vehicles.

http://view.ed4.net/v/6GQ6EK/CKJXNY/W23DRM7/V8CTQ0/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=H?partnerId=ed-9010375-782087343

THE Bruce Dickinson totally hates this policy

<iframe width="512" height="288" src="http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=dngrswdbdzm8gyarzmj3qg" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't find any policy on their website mentioning procedure for off duty law enforcement carrying weapons. Wonder if they will be prohibited too.

I tapped, I talked, I conquered.

Why would anyone need a gun at a baseball game? I can't think of a single reason.

Why would anyone need a gun at a baseball game? I can't think of a single reason.

Cops carry guns off duty because they are in constant contact with people who are at their worst. Nothing like seeing a drug dealer or shooter you locked up while you are walking through the mall with your kids. Solid plan to leave your gun home, yes. I'll stop here before I get a pip or whatever.

I work in Baltimore. The stadium is in Baltimore. Nuff said.

Carried to hundreds of games over the years. No one ever knew or needed to know.

I tapped, I talked, I conquered.

Archived