Media Coverage

wharfrat73

I just thought I would post my compliments to the local TV networks for their extensive Opening Day Orioles coverage. [sarcasm starts here:] Way to go MASN and WJZ! You are really giving a lot of coverage to a team that was in the ALCS last season. I guess All Of My Children is more important. :rolleyes: [sarcasm ends here]

I would have been thrilled to find the Orioles on TV on Opening Day when I was a kid. Watching Brooks, Palmer and all on TV when I was a kid would have been special. In fact it was special many, many times.

I emailed both networks too. I know that will do a lot of good.

I just thought I would post my compliments to the local TV networks for their extensive Opening Day Orioles coverage. [sarcasm starts here:] Way to go MASN and WJZ! You are really giving a lot of coverage to a team that was in the ALCS last season. I guess All Of My Children is more important. :rolleyes: [sarcasm ends here]

I would have been thrilled to find the Orioles on TV on Opening Day when I was a kid. Watching Brooks, Palmer and all on TV when I was a kid would have been special. In fact it was special many, many times.

I emailed both networks too. I know that will do a lot of good.

WJZ coverage starts at 2. Plus its an away game. They typically cover the home opener with more fervor. And yes, they probably do get better ratings for the soap opera than for the pre-game show.

Now, as for MASN....no excuses there. That whole station should be ashamed of their lack of local coverage other than Orioles games and pre and post games. There is SO much they could do, and they don't.

WJZ coverage starts at 2. Plus its an away game. They typically cover the home opener with more fervor. And yes, they probably do get better ratings for the soap opera than for the pre-game show.

Now, as for MASN....no excuses there. That whole station should be ashamed of their lack of local coverage other than Orioles games and pre and post games. There is SO much they could do, and they don't.

Sorry Dip, I don't agree here.

Jut play the darn game, don't need 4 hours of talking heads telling us the team with most runs after nine innings ( or 8) will win. :)

Nothing on WJZ at 2:15 today. Honestly I don't care about a bunch of talking heads either. What bothers me is that the media ignores the team on a special day. It's a prime time to put on all of those fluff pieces about players that more casual fans seem to be interested in for some reason. Highlight reel plays and interviews about what kind of dogs a player own get people interested for some reason. I think attracting fans is important. That formula seems to work for football fans.

Archived