Why Mike Wright Has Closer Potential (Update: To Start for Baltimore 5/17)

Slade-OH

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enough. I am reporting your post. My point is the same: you are posting redundant material.

Weren't you just the one that said if you can't take it don't dish it out? How much of a hypocrite do you want to prove yourself in one thread?

Hah yes. Report the post that provides useful information, but the one with the title "my eyes bleed for David Lough" is just fine?

Ah yes, the rational dream of a person who wants to get rid of the left-handed reliever who is holding left-handers to a .133/.188/.333.521 slash line. :rolleyes:

Problem is, Buck doesn't strictly use him in that capacity AND he makes a lot of moola.

Can he get lefties out?

He's done a decent job this year holding them to a .238 BAVG and a 1.33 WHIP. The changeup should allow him to be fairly effective against lefties. His fastball command will dictate his success though. If he's improved it enough to hit his spots or if a velocity spike occurs due to shorter innings then he'll be fine. I kinda like him in the 6th/7th/8th inning role. I'm interested in seeing how he looks now since I haven't seen him personally since Bowie.

Problem is, Buck doesn't strictly use him in that capacity AND he makes a lot of moola.

What does that have to do with getting rid of him? Unless you can trade him, that money is spent. Matusz has not been very effective against righties this year but if he's used correctly, he can help this team win. I'd dump Hunter long before Matusz but then again, I've never been much of a Hunter fan on the mound.

o

Wright finished the 2014 season at AAA-Norfolk on fire.

In his final 4 outings, his combined numbers were:

29.67 Innings Pitched

1 Earned Run

7 Walks

26 Strikeouts

If you'd like, you can scan these outings (and all of his previous ones for the 2014 season) in this thread:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/140670-Mike-Wright-2014/page4

The pitching lines include all of Wright's game statistics in detail, including how many pitches he threw each inning, and the specific types of outs that he got in each outing.

Archived