Chris Tillman Today 2015

Il BuonO

He has been slowly getting better as the season progressed, but he certainly put it together last night. His changeup was absolutely filthy last night after being terrible most of the season. I thought he had been tipping it, but it was clear last night that the Tigers didn't know it was coming. I wonder if they found something and fixed it because the amount of flailing at it last night was borderline comical.

The curve and fastball command was also better although the command for both has been coming along for several starts now.

The guy I saw last night was in complete control. He had no hit stuff. To do that against the Tigers was very impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes to all of this.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

Tillman's ERA is below 5 for the first time since his first start of the season, on April 6th.

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS O(JULY 24th)

Steven Souza, Jr. - RF

John Jaso - DH

Evan Longoria - 3B

James Loney - 1B

Tim Beckham - SS

David DeJesus - LF

Jake Elmore - 2B

Kevin Kiermaier - CF

Rene Rivera - C

Christopher Alan Archer - RHP (9-7, 2.73 ERA)

7-plus innings, 1 run.

2 hits, 3 walks.

For the 2nd consecutive game, Tillman was pitching with the slimmest of margins (a 1-0 lead.)

Was at only 85 pitches after 7 innings.

After a 7-pitch walk to start the 8th, Bucky took him out for Darren O'Day.

It was Tillman's 5th consecutive game in which he allowed 2 or fewer runs.

He still has not lost a game since May 31st.

Palmer says he has made an adjustment on the mound. He now can pitch in and it is working.Im terribly disappointed we didn't win this game tonight.He deserved the win, but we aren't going anywhere anyway.
At least it was a nice outing for Tilly. Good command of all of his pitches. I wonder if Buck should have left him in after the lead off walk. The problem with bringing in a reliever, even an All Star like Darren O'Day, is that you just don't know if he'll have a bad day. Even All Stars have bad days once in a while. This was the day for O'Day's bad day (any puns unintended).

That's a good theory, especially when you consider his crazy splits vs Toronto and the rest of the league. Toronto may have something on him that they are not sharing with other teams. In which case, if no one in the Orioles organization can figure it out, it would be foolish to start him again vs Toronto.

Tilma's ERA this season in games not vs the Jays is just under 3.00 for the season.

o

ATLANTA BRAVES O(JULY 29th)

Nick Markakis - DH

Cameron Maybin - CF

Freddie Freeman - 1B

Adonis Garcia - LF

Anthony John Pierzynski - C

Andrelton Simmons - SS

Jace Peterson - 2B

Eury Perez - RF

Daniel Castro - 3B

Michael Gary Foltynewicz - RHP (3-2, 5.27 ERA)

8.67 innings of shutout ball.

0 walks.

4 hits (3 singles and 1 double.)

Archived