Delmon Young fastest in 10 yard dash

Crazysilver03

and a 10 yard dash is about quickness, not speed.

Yeah. Not that I'm putting down Delmon. I love having him on the team and am happy he's in great shape. I just don't think a fast 10 yard dash has much to do with baseball.

Yeah. Not that I'm putting down Delmon. I love having him on the team and am happy he's in great shape. I just don't think a fast 10 yard dash has much to do with baseball.

Well the 10 yard dash shows acceleration and seeing as 10 yards is 30 feet aka a third of the way to first base and more than that if you on already. I'd say it has something to do with baseball.

Well the 10 yard dash shows acceleration and seeing as 10 yards is 30 feet aka a third of the way to first base and more than that if you on already. I'd say it has something to do with baseball.

You are absolutely correct. quickness is a key skill to have in this game. And it is everything in stealing bases. The really good base stealers are at top speed in two steps. Thats quickness, or a big part of a "jump" along wth a good and correct read of the pitcher. Delmon does not really have the top speed of a base stealer, but I have noticed that he is running very well.

Archived