Is it too early to be worried about the starting pitching as a whole?

calmunderfire

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

We're a little more than 2 weeks into the season. It's not very inspiring stuff so far.
No, not at all. In fact, I'm already freakin' terrified and waking up with night sweats about the 2023 staff.

And, once again this season, I'm totally down with the irony that is your username.

He's calm under fire ...... in the last week of September or the first week in October, if the Orioles are fighting tooth-and-nail for a playoff spot.

He totally falls apart when there is little or no pressure though, like in the 2nd or 3rd week in April.

o

He's calm under fire ...... in the last week of September or the first week in October, if the Orioles are fighting tooth-and-nail for a playoff spot.

He totally falls apart when there is little or no pressure though, like in the 2nd or 3rd week in April.

You can't read too much into a name on a message board. I've had my screen name on OH since I was in High school. Now I'm 31 and too lazy to change.

Back to the op. Our starters are not looking good. Things need to change fast or things need to be changed even faster. Tillman needs to end this crap.

You can't read too much into a name on a message board. I've had my screen name on OH since I was in High school. Now I'm 31, and too lazy to change.

You've had your OH screen name since high school?

If you are 31 now, you were 24 or 25 years-old when you joined in December of 2008.

You've had your OH screen name since high school?

If you are 31 now, you were 24 or 25 years-old when you joined in December of 2008.

I loved high school. 12 of the happiest years of my life. Actually, he's only 25, but 31 including overtime.

You can't read too much into a name on a message board. I've had my screen name on OH since I was in High school. Now I'm 31 and too lazy to change.

Also, there are certain screen names that you can read into.

Having a screen name of "calmunderfire" pretty much leaves no doubt as to what you are trying to say about yourself.

Having a screen name of "calmunderfire" pretty much leaves no doubt as to what you are trying to say about yourself.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0JRgHol94Xc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fire away.

It can. For about a year I was reading it as "Cal Munderfire"

Norris has to be given at least another two to three starts to right the ship. He will likely be given more than that. I can see him continuing to struggle and not getting removed from the rotation until well into May.

Norris has to be given at least another two to three starts to right the ship. He will likely be given more than that. I can see him continuing to struggle and not getting removed from the rotation until well into May.
Sad to say this is true.

Can we afford those losses if Norris continues to struggle? I hope that he's able to work hard to get his stuff together so he can pitch wel as a starter. Or for that matter, as a reliever.

We're a little more than 2 weeks into the season. It's not very inspiring stuff so far.
I did some research. And there is one guy who is doing quite well. His name? Miguel Gonzalez. Here is his line so far in 2015: ERA: 2.55, WHIP: 1.245, SO: 20, BB: 10, IP: 17.2, W-L: 2-1.

And I had to mention another who also isn't so bad, either. Ubaldo Jimenez. Here is his line so far in 2015: ERA: 2.30, WHIP: .0894, SO: 16, BB: 7, IP: 15.2, W-L: 1-1

Gotta still stick with my guy: The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club. :clap::D

Archived