Is it too early to be worried about the starting pitching as a whole?

calmunderfire

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I scrolled through the first page. No pitching threads were there. So I made one.

Must be in the music forum, anyway.

I'm getting a bit worried about the starting pitching. But we are going up against some pretty good offenses right now and our defense has been failing a bit of late. Need Hardy back. I think they just need to find their groove. DD and Buck will start pulling some strings soon if they don't.

It's too early. Rotation didn't find it's rhythm until June last year.

True, but our rotation never looked as ragged in April/May last year as it looks right now.

Honestly, the only one who worries me is Norris. Everyone else has had at least one good start out of their first three and I feel they will round into form. Norris has looked horrible all through spring training and in the early going, and has to be on a fairly short leash now.

True, but our rotation never looked as ragged in April/May last year as it looks right now.

Honestly, the only one who worries me is Norris. Everyone else has had at least one good start out of their first three and I feel they will round into form. Norris has looked horrible all through spring training and in the early going, and has to be on a fairly short leash now.

The starting pitching has been discouraging, for sure. But last year we only had 5 QS in the first 15 games. This year there's been 4. Of course, there's more to pitching than a QS designation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The starting pitching has been discouraging, for sure. But last year we only had 5 QS in the first 15 games. This year there's been 4. Of course, there's more to pitching than a QS designation.

2014 (1st 15 games): 85.2 IP, 4.41 ERA

2015 (1st 15 games): 73.0 IP, 5.30 ERA

Last year the starting pitching was a bit disappointing to this point; this year the starting pitching has been awful to this point.

2014 (1st 15 games): 85.2 IP, 4.41 ERA

2015 (1st 15 games): 73.0 IP, 5.30 ERA

Last year the starting pitching was a bit disappointing to this point; this year the starting pitching has been awful to this point.

Well, if my math's correct, the ERA is only up a half run if they kept the Snider error. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived