Lord I needed that

Frobby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

o

(October 9th)

Granted that this thread is generally reserved for Oriole victories, but I sure as hell loved watching the Yankees get pounded by a score of 16-1 in Game 3 of the ALDS, and then get eliminated on their home-field in Game 4. 

Just prior to the start of the 2018 season, several Houston Astros players (Justin Verlander being one of them) expressed their discontent about all of the hype about the Yankees and the likelihood of them winning the American League championship with the addition of Giancarlo Stanton to an already strong team ........ those feelings of annoyance were substantiated by the combination of the Astros advancing to the ALCS and the Yankees getting KO'd in the divisional playoffs. 

Justin Verlander Doesn't Care about the Yankees' Hype

(By Corey Masiak)

https://nypost.com/2018/02/14/justin-verlander-doesnt-care-about-the-yankees-hype/

o

54 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

The RS-NYY series was fun from both a baseball-fan perspective and a NYY-hater perspective, both of which work for me.

The NYYs' early exit from post-season play is likely to fuel an off-season spending spree that starts with, but goes well beyond, starting pitchers. 

I dislike the Yankees. I hate the Red Sox. I'd rather the MFYs win 27 more World Series before I have to deal with the BoSox.

7 hours ago, Orioles1954 said:

I dislike the Yankees. I hate the Red Sox. I'd rather the MFYs win 27 more World Series before I have to deal with the BoSox.

I used to feel that way, now it’s the opposite. I think a lot of that has to do with Ortiz retiring.  Anyway,  time for the Astros to win a few more games.  

• Upvote 2