Lord I needed that

Frobby

I don't see Britton's outing as an ominous sign. He walked a guy, I'll grant. And two ground balls went for hits. When you throw as many GBs as he does some will find holes. And this was a game where he probably had no expectation of pitching in until the very end, he was probably making dinner plans and had to reset mentally.

He still hasn't allowed an earned run since May 5.

May 5.

Try to appreciate that.

Actually it's even longer than that. He hasn't allowed an earned run since April 30th.

We've had to bump this thread a little too frequently lately.

Yes, we have.

And as I said earlier in the thread, I would just as soon not need to bump this thread for the rest of the season.

To an extent, Tony.

This thread is usually bumped when the Orioles win a game in which they DESPERATELY needed to win.

I would just as soon not see this thread for the rest of the regular season ........ which would mean that the Orioles would be winning often, and cruising to the A.L. East division title, ala 2014.

I don't see Britton's outing as an ominous sign. He walked a guy, I'll grant. And two ground balls went for hits. When you throw as many GBs as he does some will find holes. And this was a game where he probably had no expectation of pitching in until the very end, he was probably making dinner plans and had to reset mentally.

He still hasn't allowed an earned run since May 5.

May 5.

Try to appreciate that.

I was actually referring to O'Day as the ominous part, but OK. I understand and do appreciate the excellence. Today just would have been a catastrophic loss. Catastrophic. And except for Schoop's knocking it down, with the walk, etc. it would have had a terrible impact. Just way, way, way too close to falling off a cliff to feel good about right away like dancing about. Plus I was only on Gameday, which, I swear to God, called the third out, and even went to the Wrap view, only then to reset back after the replay....I almost had a stroke...lol. But all is good, thanks for the reminders from all my fellow posters ...they keep me sane....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We hit great.

Our starting pitcher was great.

OK, the bullpen came up small.

But geez, some people can't be happy with a win.

I k ow we've had a bad road trip and bad road season, and a horrible hitting slump. But if you come out of today's game pissed off, that's on you.

This is a hard game. Would you rather be the Giants (8-16 since the break?)

You are Absolutely correct! I was way too exercised by the close call...whew! And no, not the Giants...although do I get the emotional fulfillment of all those recent World Series wins in the deal? Maybe?

Nah...you and all of us here know we can only be Os fans....On to the land of McCovey...

I was actually referring to O'Day as the ominous part, but OK. I understand and do appreciate the excellence. Today just would have been a catastrophic loss. Catastrophic. And except for Schoop's knocking it down, with the walk, etc. it would have had a terrible impact. Just way, way, way too close to falling off a cliff to feel good about right away like dancing about. Plus I was only on Gameday, which, I swear to God, called the third out, and even went to the Wrap view, only then to reset back after the replay....I almost had a stroke...lol. But all is good, thanks for the reminders from all my fellow posters ...they keep me sane....

Yeah, I actually missed the ODay (and Ondrusek) part. Was following the game on the internet at work.

Then drove 20 minutes from work to a bar where was to watch the end of the game and the first half of the Raven game for happy hour.

But on the drive I turned off my radio and had a 15 minute call toy Mom (using hands free technology). I was pretty darn surprised when I hung up and turned on the radio and found it was 9-6 heading to the 9th!

o

(vs. GIANTS, 8/12)

Even though the Orioles had already snapped their 3-game losing streak the previous day against the Athletics, I (as an Oriole fan) really needed last night's W.

With Bumgarner and Cueto waiting in the wings to take their shots at the Orioles today and tomorrow, I felt it to be very important that the Orioles start the series off on the right foot.

• 2 weeks later...