Thanks to John Angelos for speaking the truth!

mall-O-cup

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he has a pretty astute assessment... I'd also add that I think the national media has a vested interest in dividing people and encouraging discord and even violence any way they can. I completely distrust the CNN/Fox News/etc. reporting and opinion pieces.

I can't possibly say anymore without violating board rules if I haven't already (sorry in advance Weams!)

I think he has a pretty astute assessment... I'd also add that I think the national media has a vested interest in dividing people and encouraging discord and even violence any way they can. I completely distrust the CNN/Fox News/etc. reporting and opinion pieces.

I can't possibly say anymore without violating board rules if I haven't already (sorry in advance Weams!)

I watched some coverage on WJZ-TV today and was very happy to see that the city was mostly peaceful, that hundreds and hundreds of people from the involved communities were out there cleaning up, and even with the police presence there wasn't the anger or tension we saw yesterday. People were even dancing.

Then I turned on FoxNews and their big headline was "Baltimore in Chaos". Would have been totally appropriate on Monday but today was not accurate at all. ANd it took up about 20% of the screen in huge letters.

All hype.

Yesterday was bad. Today was a lot better. Friday will bring what it will bring. But you are right, the news networks are hyping it because people tune in if there's chaos.

I watched some coverage on WJZ-TV today and was very happy to see that the city was mostly peaceful, that hundreds and hundreds of people from the involved communities were out there cleaning up, and even with the police presence there wasn't the anger or tension we saw yesterday. People were even dancing.

Then I turned on FoxNews and their big headline was "Baltimore in Chaos". Would have been totally appropriate on Monday but today was not accurate at all. ANd it took up about 20% of the screen in huge letters.

All hype.

Yesterday was bad. Today was a lot better. Friday will bring what it will bring. But you are right, the news networks are hyping it because people tune in if there's chaos.

For every knucklehead with a rock in his hand, there are 10 members of the same community who want nothing more than to get to the bottom of what happened, see justice served, and pray for an improvement in police relations. Not much news value in that. Sad.

All hype.

I have stopped watching the news. It isn't about reporting anymore, it is about making money. Both left leaning and right leaning "news sources" will say and do anything to make money. I don't trust anything "reported". Maybe I should move to Montana:)

All hype.

I also watched the coverage on WJZ, and it was excellent. Unlike the vast majority of media, WJZ showed Baltimore folks cleaning up, and having peaceful demonstrations, calling for the violence to end.

All hype.

If it bleeds, it leads.

I'm impressed too. He's his old man's son. Might be billionaires but they are still men of the people. Defenders of the downtrodden.

Angelos family know their roots and one of the few owners who have kept ticket prices low so most can afford a game. So much so $9 tickets on Ollie's bargain night. The also buying 1500 tickets so inner city kids could see playoff games. They also funded city pools when the city wanted to cut them. They are salt of the earth people who love Baltimore.

People like to complain about the lack of team spending from time to time and its their right. But remember spending goes up so do prices to match the spending and that's something the family doesn't like doing because it would limit a family or person the ability to come to games. The family will never screw over the working class.

I'm impressed too. He's his old man's son. Might be billionaires but they are still men of the people. Defenders of the downtrodden.

You mean like when Peter forced Catholic Charities to move their soup kitchen from downtown? This is a highly political post. 5 people were shot last night in the city. I guess things are getting back to normal.

Archived