Some stuff

bigbird

Speaking as someone who got to watch Kyle Lohse <s>stink</s> pitch for the Reds last year, I think he's an awful pitcher and I really want the O's to pass on him.

I can't even comment on the Brian to the Cubs stuff because it's dragged on so long and been talked to death here. I cannot believe how long this has gone on. :eek:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would they be sending their physicals if a deal wasn't close ???

Because it's been 48 hours since we had a 200+ post BRob thread and therefore we need another one?

This one wasn't even about human beings talking, or looking, or leaking, or rumoring, or anything. This one's just about records. Going to them. Without PA even being mentioned.

I think a deal gets done this weekend.If you read between the lines with everything read or heard getting medical records and so on I think it is close.Hendry and AM aren't going to negotiate in the media if you notice they preety much have said the same things.

Speaking as someone who got to watch Kyle Lohse <s>stink</s> pitch last year, he's awful and I really want the O's to pass on him.

I can't even comment on the Brian to the Cubs stuff because it's dragged on so long and been talked to death here. I cannot believe how long this has gone on. :eek:

I agree. Since you had the pleasure of watching Lohse stink up the joint, do you know whether he caused any clubhouse issues or had trouble with his coaches in Cincy? I really don't like the idea of picking up another mediocre or worse veteran who got run out of a clubhouse (Twins and I think I heard there was a problem with either the Reds or the Phillies as well) because he couldn't get along with his manager. It goes against everything Trembley and MacPhail have been giving lip service to when it comes to the rebuilding effort. And it worked so well with Jay Payton. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what is going to happen. But, if this does go down, and if it is Roberts and Payton. I personally would love to see the package have at least Gallagher, Cedeno AND Patterson in it. Then if there are more Veal, Ceda, Marshall, whatever, I'll be okay with the outcome.

Personally, I would love to have Murton. But, I too feel that Murton is no longer a target, not just becaue the Cubs might need him after all, but I also think that the O's are thinking he will be redundant. I don't necessarily agree with that, but it may be the case.

...keep on waiting...

I agree. Since you had the pleasure of watching Lohse stink up the joint, do you know whether he caused any clubhouse issues or had trouble with his coaches in Cincy? I really don't like the idea of picking up another mediocre or worse veteran who got run out of a clubhouse (Twins and I think I heard there was a problem with either the Reds or the Phillies as well) because he couldn't get along with his manager. It goes against everything Trembley and MacPhail have been giving lip service to when it comes to the rebuilding effort. And it worked so well with Jay Payton. :rolleyes:

I don't really remember anything about Kyle being any trouble when he was with the Reds but I could be wrong. He got traded to the Phillies around the AS break so it could have been them. I'm not really sure though. All I know is that I was ecstatic that I finally had Lohse and Milton both off the Reds pitching staff at that time and that alone improved my attitude towards the team overall, LOL ;)

I'm pretty iffy about Lohse, particularly if he will be even remotely expensive or would want a second year. Everyone knows the only real value he'd have to the team as a potential trade piece, which I'm inherently weary about anyway. MacPhail has earned my respect as a general manager, but the man is remarkably slow-moving and part of me worries that he doesn't really have the speed to be counted on year in and year out for deadline deals.

Also, I'll be fairly surprised if the Orioles don't at least hear from the Mets now that Alou is injured. It's one thing being particular and desiring a platoon partner, but it's another thing entirely finding a replacement for an injured starter.

Kyle Loshe was a Cub prospect.

Drafted - Selected by Chicago Cubs in 29th Round (862nd overall) of 1996 amateur entry draft (June-Reg) May 20,1997 - signed May 21,1999 - Traded by Cubs with Jay Ryan to Twins for Scott Downs and Rick Aguilera. Jul 31,2006 - Traded by Twins to Reds for Zach Ward

Does the Ex-Cub factor apply to prospects?

We're not Kyle Lohse's first choice? A 4.82 ERA guy with 34 wins in fours years is unsigned in March, we're interested, and he says, "Nah, you're not my first choice."

OhhhhKay

He's probably afraid of how Dave Trembley would respond to his habit of yelling at his teammates for not making plays behind him.

I'm pretty iffy about Lohse, particularly if he will be even remotely expensive or would want a second year. Everyone knows the only real value he'd have to the team as a potential trade piece, which I'm inherently weary about anyway. MacPhail has earned my respect as a general manager, but the man is remarkably slow-moving and part of me worries that he doesn't really have the speed to be counted on year in and year out for deadline deals.

Also, I'll be fairly surprised if the Orioles don't at least hear from the Mets now that Alou is injured. It's one thing being particular and desiring a platoon partner, but it's another thing entirely finding a replacement for an injured starter.

It'll be interesting to see what develops from this Alou situation.

Somehow I don't see Jay Payton at the top of the Mets' contingency plan... assuming that's who you're referring to here.

I believe that the Cubs will blink.

Based upon what?

By all reports, the Cubs were prepared to finalize a deal coming out of Nashville in December.

Then a bit later it was reported that the Cubs were really hoping to have a deal in place in time for the Cubs Convention in January.

Then a bit after that, we heard that the Cubs thought it would be splendid if this thing could be resolved before spring training opened in February.

Now here we are in March.

Doesn't it seem as though if the Cubs were inclined to cave, it would have happened by now? They've had ample opportunity already.

Archived