Some stuff

bigbird

Well the fact that he doesn't report on the activities of a biennial Eurasian plant doesn't mean that he is not a credible baseball reporter.

I all the time I have spent here, I believe that this may be the most rep worthy statement I have seen. Then again, maybe I have an odd sense of humor.

Well done sir.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that's the point. You kept acting so sure that the Bedard trade wouldn't happen. You're entitled to your opinion but I thought you would have learned to be a little less sure about these things. Some people learn from history and some people don't. Oh well. So far, MacPhail has shown that you can throw Oriole history out the window. He's gotten things done and he clearly would like to move BRob. There's still a lot of smoke. I think he goes.

You know what?

It's a message board and I don't take it that seriously.

I don't think he goes.

The prospect that Cedeno, Patterson and Murton are not long term everyday players is probably a big reason why this trade has not already been made.

If Cedeno isn't a starting middle infielder, then the trade isn't worth making if the return is the above four plus some throw-in. Patterson and Murton are little more than subs. Murton's not a CF and Patterson apparently is neither fish nor fowl.The only other consistent player we hear about other than these three is Gallagher.Does he really project to any more than a number three starter?

The Orioles don't need any more 5-for-1 trades, if all we're getting is a bunch of second-line prospects and may-be's.And that's all I'm seeing w/the Cubs.

Agree that MacPhail should wait and target something-even if it's only one player-who can step in and start, and that had better be a quality middle infielder.

The problem with Lohse as some people have stated he is a me guy that really doesn't care about the team.He complained with Twins,Reds and the Phils. I doubt AM would want that for his young team unless he comes cheaply.

I think that is the general idea. Since he has been sitting out there for so long he might sign a cheap deal, throw a couple decent games, and then go to some contender come July. We get some cheap starts, a prospect or two, and extended development time for the youngsters.

If Cedeno isn't a starting middle infielder, then the trade isn't worth making if the return is the above four plus some throw-in. Patterson and Murton are little more than subs. Murton's not a CF and Patterson apparently is neither fish nor fowl.The only other consistent player we hear about other than these three is Gallagher.Does he really project to any more than a number three starter?

The Orioles don't need any more 5-for-1 trades, if all we're getting is a bunch of second-line prospects and may-be's.And that's all I'm seeing w/the Cubs.

Agree that MacPhail should wait and target something-even if it's only one player-who can step in and start, and that had better be a quality middle infielder.

I guess of all the names floating around, Jhonny Peralta would be the guy that comes closest to meeting that description.

Assuming he's even being made available by the Tribe, you'd take Peralta by himself over the 3/4/5 guys being offered by the Cubs?

I guess of all the names floating around, Jhonny Peralta would be the guy that comes closest to meeting that description.

Assuming he's even being made available by the Tribe, you'd take Peralta by himself over the 3/4/5 guys being offered by the Cubs?

Well not me. I would way rather take a quantity package like the Cubs could offer. And I think AM would also. In fact, IMO that is what is likely to happen. I also think that Murton and Gallagher represent the needed quality.

How's this for a crazy idea:

Mets trade Orlando Hernandez, Anderson Hernandez, Scott Schoeneweis, and Jonathon Niese.

Cubs trade Gallagher, Cedeno, Murton, Veal, Patterson, and Marquis.

Orioles trade Roberts, Payton, and Millar.

Mets get Murton, Marquis, and Millar.

Cubs get Roberts, Payton, and Schoeneweis.

Orioles get Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal, Patterson, O. Hernandez, A. Hernandez, and Niese.

Would seem to accomplish a lot for all 3 teams. I'm probably overlooking something, but it looks like it might work to me. Thoughts?

I think that is the general idea. Since he has been sitting out there for so long he might sign a cheap deal, throw a couple decent games, and then go to some contender come July. We get some cheap starts, a prospect or two, and extended development time for the youngsters.

But on the flip side, if you sign a head case because you are the only team that wants him, the clubhouse effect could be very costly. All of the sudden, it ain't so cheap regardless of what you pay him.

They either want to play here or they don't, and if you don't, let them go ruin someone else's clubhouse.

Does anyone even know what the Cubs are offering anymore? Last I heard was Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal, and possibly a 4th.

I don't even think that Veal is confirmed.

Here's the intel I can piece together.

Gallagher: given

Cedeno: assumed given, although there are conflicting reports

Patterson: available and rumored to be of interest

Murton: available but rumored not to be of interest

Veal: possibly offlimits due to personal circumstances. O's level of interest unknown

Ceda: believed to be targeted, but possibly offlimits

Colvin: conflicting reports, both W/R/T interest and availability

Pie: targeted but assumed offlimits

Fontenot: available but no reports of interest by O's

Fuld: probably available but no reports of interest by O's

Marquis: available and rumored as a possibility for inclusion; O's interest unknown/unconfirmed

Marshall: rumored, but interest/availability unknown

Dempster: unlikely to be involved

Other nonroster players: one or more possibly involved, but identities unknown

Archived