March 6th Vs. Minnesota

Tank

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't mind if they're hitting his change-up. At least he's throwing it, and controlling it w/take time.But the continual lousy control of his fastball, wild pitches, breakdowns, etc., is just getting to be too much to bear.

No way.....he walks far too many batters and he does not have the mindset to be a relief pitcher....as sais earlier "meltdown" is the best way to describe what he goes thru.

But this is his last chance with the Orioles. I can't see what the harm would be, in a rebuilding year, to get a look at him in the role. I'd hate to see him go elsewhere and become a dominant reliever when this club didn't even try him there. Hopefully he pitches well as a starter and the issue never comes up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Hope it is Norby.   913 PA in AAA is a long time.   We will see if he can translate some of his success up here.  His OPS at AAA is higher than Stowers who doesn't appear to be overmatched up here yet.
    • Seems like Forret is the 2023 draft version of Showalter but it also seems like they like Forret more.
    • A few readouts as Forret finishes Low-A. Fangraphs stats this morning list him age 20 - about one third of the Carolina League pitchers at 30 innings are that age or younger. Zero BAL Shorebirds arms meet the Fangraphs qualified default of I believe 1 inning/team game, so 30 innings needed to find an Orioles pitcher in early June. K-bb% 14th of 66 - he is the only pitcher in the Top 30 of that to be at 0.00 HR/9 (a bunch of wild kids in the bottom of the list also have that). Forret is kind of shaping up for me as a good run so far of what Carter Baumler was meant to be. Up in the South Atlantic League, looks like just three Age 20 pitchers have covered 30 innings so far, including ATL Owen Murphy ($2.5M class of 2022 high school arm), and PIT's guy from Europe's baseball hotbed San Marino.
    • Yes, the whole point of DFA'ing Urias is to make room for Mayo or Norby. Between Mateo, Gunnar, and Westburg you would be able to cover 3B/SS with an extra guy on the bench. If there is an injury Gunnar can slide over for a game or two. We've also got Holliday, Maton, and Vavra in AAA. Plenty of depth to cover infield. 
    • Any money we have ready to throw at an extension should be used on Gunnar. Let's not make another Chris Davis mistake and run out of money for the likes of Manny.  Not saying that's definitely what happened in that situation but it was a dumb use of money.
    • The team obviously feels Urias plays third better than second and that Westburg is equal in either.     I mean, Urias won a GG at third!!  🤣
    • The Verge podcast guys      
  • Popular Contributors