D-Cab Still Bad

dan the man

Despite fooling us all with his 3 shutout innings in his first start.

It was only 3 innings, but it was hard to not get excited. Again. But now we've been let down. Again. The roller coaster begins. Again.

He's earned himself 5 runs in one inning with over 30 pitches. Well done, sir.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just saying. He's turned the corner, but right around that corner was a brick wall. I love the guy, but it's silly that we all keep thinking he's going to figure it out. He walks guys, so he puts it right down the middle to avoid walking guys, and then he gets hit. Either way, it's not working for him. Let's just hope our rebuilding prospects don't take us all for a ride on the rollercoaster for 4 or 5 years like Daniel has.

Actually, only 3 runs were earned.

His spring hasn't even been that bad so far:

4.2 IP

3 K

2 BB

6 H

0 HR

9 groundouts (plus another booted by Fahey)

2 flyouts

It's only March 6.

LOl, couldn't see this coming. :rolleyes:

In the game thread, it mentions him throwing his change up a lot. Not saying this is the reason he's supposedly melting down, it could be typical old meltdown DCab but at least he's working on it when the games don't count. That's what ST if for.

Despite fooling us all with his 3 shutout innings in his first start.

It was only 3 innings, but it was hard to not get excited. Again. But now we've been let down. Again. The roller coaster begins. Again.

Only 3 of those runs were earned. It is only spring training, I don't expect Cabrera to throw a shutout every time out in ST. Plus he came back and pitche a good second inning "He's Back!"

Brandon "Batboy" Fahey isn't having a good game - 1 error and grounded into a double play. This guy is not a major league player. I like his hustle and hard work.

Where was that ambulance for those 3 innings that people were so ecstatic about? That's not a knee jerk reaction, too?

I hope you are willing to go find quotes from the people you are claiming were "ecstatic". And make sure you know the difference between "ecstatic" and "cautiously optimistic" beforehand.

I hope you are willing to go find quotes from the people you are claiming were "ecstatic". And make sure you know the difference between "ecstatic" and "cautiously optimistic" beforehand.

Yawn.

Sadly, I am not willing. I am willing to say that I was one of those cautiously optimistic people. Still am. Just thought it would be humorous (OH familiar with humor? No?) to point out that Cabrera is, in fact, still Cabrera. He is what he is. Mostly bad. Not saying I don't like the guy.

Well at least Livan is worse, it's a hit parade for the O's now.

Cabrera is what he is. He'll never lower his walk rate drastically. As a matter of fact, he's only getting worse. Hopefully Kranitz will improve him a bit but I don't think Cabrera will ever get better than his 2005 campaign.

Not sure if you meant that his BB rate is only getting worse, but that's not true. His BB/9 lowered from 6.32 to 4.76 in 2007 and prior to 2006 it was on the way down. 2006 seems to be an aberration in the BB department. Not that is BB rate is not still problematic, but it's certainly not getting worse.

I keep saying this, but Cabrera's main problem is his lowering K rate (and subsequently raised hit rate) presumably due to his stuff just not moving the way it used to.

Archived