Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

o

(JULY 6th)

Orioles win.

Yankees lose.

162 games per year ........ even the worst team in baseball will have 10-15 times or so in which they win and the best team in the leagues loses on the same day.

o

13 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Even with today's loss, the Yankees have won 16 of the last 19, so there have been very few opportunities to keep this thread going.   Not sure we need to after all this time.

Yeah this seems like the most useless thread at this point.  We now are only 30 1/2 games behind them.  We should focus on celebrating our wins.  Unless we are playing the Yankees it has zero effect on us if they lose when we win.  And it makes us look pathetic by celebrating it.  

2 hours ago, atomic said:

Yeah this seems like the most useless thread at this point.  We now are only 30 1/2 games behind them.  We should focus on celebrating our wins.  Unless we are playing the Yankees it has zero effect on us if they lose when we win.  And it makes us look pathetic by celebrating it.  

Some of us have a different perspective. Sorry about that.

For me, this venerable thread recognizes those occasions when, on the same day, two nice things happen in the baseball world. I realize those two nice things are independent of each other. Nonetheless I enjoy seeing those occasions noted.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Some of us have a different perspective. Sorry about that.

For me, this venerable thread recognizes those occasions when, on the same day, two nice things happen in the baseball world. I realize those two nice things are independent of each other. Nonetheless I enjoy seeing those occasions noted.

I don’t see it being nice.  At the end of the day they are still the best team in the American League and we are still the worst team in baseball.  It makes zero sense.  Baseball is long season and every team will loses a lot of games. Why don’t you go one the Yankees board and brag about how the Orioles won and the Yankees lost I am sure it would give Yankees fans a good chuckle.

Not a life and death issue, but I do not understand ANY Oriole fan not being at least a bit happier  on days that the NYY lose and the Baltimore Orioles win.  The two teams place in the AL Standings does not detract for one minute the joy I feel when those two happenings come together on the same day.  Regardless of the circumstances,  when this happens , a not so good day up to that point becomes just a bit better, or a  good day,  becomes a very good day.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, atomic said:

I don’t see it being nice.  At the end of the day they are still the best team in the American League and we are still the worst team in baseball.  It makes zero sense.  Baseball is long season and every team will loses a lot of games. Why don’t you go one the Yankees board and brag about how the Orioles won and the Yankees lost I am sure it would give Yankees fans a good chuckle.

Something that gives me, and apparently others, some pleasure doesn't give you any and makes no sense to you.That's the way it goes sometimes.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Something that gives me, and apparently others, some pleasure doesn't give you any and makes no sense to you.That's the way it goes sometimes.

I hate to agree with Atomic but when the O's are 30 games back before the break I don't care what the Yankees do when the Orioles aren't playing them.  I mean at some background static level of consciousness I'd prefer for them to lose but I'm not checking the boxscores and fist-pumping when it happens.

40 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I hate to agree with Atomic but when the O's are 30 games back before the break I don't care what the Yankees do when the Orioles aren't playing them.  I mean at some background static level of consciousness I'd prefer for them to lose but I'm not checking the boxscores and fist-pumping when it happens.

Are you offended when reminded that the Orioles had won and The NYY lost???  Probably  just don't care.

46 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Well, there you have it. Since 1962, with just a few lapses and exceptions, I've been rooting for the NYYs to lose every game they play. That rooting has intensified in the almost-41 years since I moved to New York. If you don't care about what happens to the NYYs when they're not playing the O's, or if it's just background noise, so be it. I care, and so do some others.

12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I’m in this camp, and said so in this thread last year:  

This thread was started in a year we expected to contend, and days when we won and the Yankees lost were meaningful.    I don’t get any extra joy out of winning on a day when the Yankees lose right now.    But if others do, fine, post here and go have a party.