HHP: MASN/Nats/Orioles case (Inside the Courtroom)

Frobby

This seems pretty reasonable:

THEREFORE, Petitioner respectfully requests that this Court enter an order:

(a)

Vacating the Award pursuant to 9 U.S.C. ? 10 and CPLR ? 7511;

(b)

Directing that a new hearing be held before an impartial panel who will abide by

all relevant rules and act within the bounds of its prescribed powers; and

©

Awarding Petitioner its costs and fees to the full extent provided by law; and

(d)

Granting such other and further relief as the Court may determine to be just and

proper. 25

24v1poi.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most egregiously, upon information and belief, the RSDC had predetermined the amount of the telecast rights fees that it would award the Nationals and, as a result, the arbitration proceedings and the RSDC's arbitration Award, and the decision purporting to justify the predetermined Award, were all a sham.

Jackie-Chiles.jpg

It also mentions how the 2 of the 3 arbitrators were owners of the the largest revenue sharing teams and it would be in their best interests to award the Nationals and the Orioles more right fees as their teams would receive more money.

I would not make too much of this at this stage. A temporary restraining order is just designed to prevent irreparable harm and preserve the status quo while the judge looks at the matter in more detail. It certainly means the judge doesn't think MASN's position is frivolous, but it doesn't necessarily mean the judge is highly likely to rule in MASN's favor, either. By the way, the Court's order is just a form document prepared by MASN, not something the judge wrote himself.

Any idea why they went to NY? A simple a matter as that is where MLB is headquartered?

Guest rochester

I have a headache....

Is there a place us "layman" can look at this entire situation. To me, there is a contract, period. Did MASN leave a loophole?

Guest rochester
And the fact that the discovery will be unsealed means what for Bud?

if there's depositions it would be interesting to see how his whining and grovelling is written...

24v1poi.jpg

Bud says ...

"We have expended hundreds of hours and extensive resources in an effort to reach an accommodation the preserves the massive and inherent value of MASN for the benefit of both clubs," the letter stated. Selig then set the record straight by notifying the teams that Major League Baseball had ruled on the dispute between the Nationals and the Orioles. "This decision is final and binding."

I would not make too much of this at this stage. A temporary restraining order is just designed to prevent irreparable harm and preserve the status quo while the judge looks at the matter in more detail. It certainly means the judge doesn't think MASN's position is frivolous, but it doesn't necessarily mean the judge is highly likely to rule in MASN's favor, either. By the way, the Court's order is just a form document prepared by MASN, not something the judge wrote himself.

I'm curious what the irreparable harm is. Couldn't this be solved with money damages? That's not what I think of as being irreparable harm.

Archived