Inability to turn double plays

25 Nuggets

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First I have heard of that. Do you have any comps or insight? Horrible news if true.

Wikipedia

During knee joint movement, the PCL rotates such that the anterolateral section stretches in knee flexion but not in knee extension and the posteromedial bundle stretches in extension rather than flexion.

The function of the PCL is to prevent the femur from sliding off the anterior edge of the tibia and to prevent the tibia from displacing posterior to the femur. The posterior cruciate ligament is located within the knee

What was said about Darwin Barney's PCL injury. His may have been worse.

The PCL attaches behind the knee on the tibia and goes to the medial (inner) side of the central notch on the femur. The ligament prevents posterior translation of the tibia relative to the femur above and also provides central rotational stability. Here is an excellent 3D modeling video of the PCL including how the ligament works in flexion and extension of the knee. The Anterior Cruciate (ACL) attaches to the anterior tibial spine near the front of the knee and goes to the lateral (outer) part of the femoral notch. The ligaments cross (hence, cruciate) each other and protect and stabilize the knee when working in tandem from excess rotation and translation.

Cost us two games just this last week. And with the unrepaired PCL, Schoop will never be Schoop again that way.

I find this hard to believe. Schoop is still young enough to have an injury like this, rehab it until he's back to normal, and still be fearless when turning the double play.

I find this hard to believe. Schoop is still young enough to have an injury like this, rehab it until he's back to normal, and still be fearless when turning the double play.

Sound good. I guess I was just going all Firestone with my hand wringing.

Archived