vs. D-RAYS, 5/31

OFFNY

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My buddy and I think Buck should penalize Lough this same way.

Lough is fast and never seen a runner get a worse jump either...

The dude can catch and that is about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should think about making a Macro, to cut down on all the typing.

My buddy and I think Buck should penalize Lough this same way.

Lough is fast and never seen a runner get a worse jump either...

The dude can catch and that is about it.

You need a hobby.

Its the game thread. You MUST grossly overreact to short term trends. Jimmy Paredes was hitting well as recently as Wednesday, but he has been in a 3 day slump so he needs to be benched or moved down in the order. Tillman has been our best, most consistent pitcher since 2012 but he's off to a poor start this year and we're not even two months into the season, so suddenly he sucks, is a #4 or #5 starter, and we shouldn't think about extending him. On the micro level, he has given up 2 runs in 4 in innings, mostly due to bloop hits and an error, so that means he's terrible and you see crap like "hopefully his pitch count gets him out of the game before he gives up too many runs".

Remember... The baseball season is really short. If you have a bad inning, it means you will have a bad game. If you have a bad 3 day stretch, you should be benched. If you have a bad month or two, your season is lost and you should be cut.

Always remember to overreact to short term trends, especially negative ones. Like the saying goes, you are always as bad as you look when you're losing. That's what it says, right?

Indeed it is a game thread. Dismount much?

500px-Get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

Tillman has been our best, most consistent pitcher since 2012 but he's off to a poor start this year and we're not even two months into the season, so suddenly he sucks, is a #4 or #5 starter, and we shouldn't think about extending him.

Nice strawman, so easy to shoot down. How about providing an actual quote along those lines.

Tillman through May last year, ERA 4.68, 2015 5.33, so he's up over half a run. Will he bounce back? Hopefully, but that doesn't mean "our most consistent pitcher since 2012" isn't struggling right now.

You should think about making a Macro, to cut down on all the typing.

Well the only place that anyone thinks Lough is possibly an every day player is a few like you on this board.

Nice strawman, so easy to shoot down. How about providing an actual quote along those lines.

Tillman through May last year, ERA 4.68, 2015 5.33, so he's up over half a run. Will he bounce back? Hopefully, but that doesn't mean "our most consistent pitcher since 2012" isn't struggling right now.

Tntoriole, earlier in this game thread: "He is no better than a 4th starter".

Archived