vs. D-RAYS, 5/31

OFFNY

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At some point we have to ask why this keeps happening? It does seem like this year our luck hasn't been good but you create your own luck to some extent.

No doubt. With Tillman I think it's simple - he needs to improve his control. His stuff looks fine, he just has no idea where the ball is going and too often it's belt-high right down the middle.

You know, there is actually something appealing about all the free agents leaving after this year. This team is going to need drastic changes. And there is a better than even chance that we become a seller later in the summer. There is no way I can see this team the way it has been thus far this season even sniffing the playoffs.

That's right. We have worse problems than Chris Tillman.

Any chance they pull a Tommy Hunter with Bud and turn him into a 7-8th inning guy. He throws hard as it is and if he was only throwing for one inning at a time, I bet he could light up the radar gun a bit.

That ball in LF was a play that had to be made. The concept of players playing out of position has cost this team dearly all year, and it did today.Yet, we don't have better options right now.

Pearce looked bad there. That ball was very catchable and goes as an earned run and instead of ending the inning it led to the HR. Crucial.

You know, there is actually something appealing about all the free agents leaving after this year. This team is going to need drastic changes. And there is a better than even chance that we become a seller later in the summer. There is no way I can see this team the way it has been thus far this season even sniffing the playoffs.

...but the division is so bad that the team can make the playoffs this year with the right moves. It's a dilemma. We've seen sub 90 win teams make and win a World Series already.

The same, but we're not supposed to think that, or so we're told. Certainly don't "toss any dirt," after 5 ER in 4.2 IP.

In Tillman's defense, it was one of the worst hitting teams in baseball that bombed him today. I mean, they averaged like 2 runs per game in the month of May. It's hard for any pitcher to keep the juggernaut down, and our Ace got touched up.

Tillman ERA 5.94, now 1.26 higher than this point last year.

No need to be concerned though...

It was 5.20 on June 5 last year.

Yes, I am concerned. He is pitching poorly. Walking a lot of guys, falling behind.

But he went from 5.20 on June 5 last year to 3 point something for the season, so I wouldn't say its time to panic.

How does one team get so unlucky? How many bloop hits have we had against us that scored runs? Rays have a .571 BABIP. That's why they are winning this game. Make no mistake. Everything they hit falls in the last 2 days. Complete opposite of the Orioles.

Any chance they pull a Tommy Hunter with Bud and turn him into a 7-8th inning guy. He throws hard as it is and if he was only throwing for one inning at a time, I bet he could light up the radar gun a bit.

I think Buck said Norris will start.

Archived