Dariel Alvarez is warming up

wildcard

Where are they going to get these power bats? Not FA, and they are not trading their coveted SP are they?

France. They will get the power bats from France.

In other news, I don't know where they are going to get them, but I know they will need them and will be trying to get them.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
France. They will get the power bats from France.

In other news, I don't know where they are going to get them, but I know they will need them and will be trying to get them.

I think you can count on some combo of Urrutia, Alvarez and Snider at one COF and some other AAAA types at the other COF.

Alvarez is hitting out of his mind.

3 for 5 today with a double after going 3 for 4 yesterday.

Alvarez is now hitting .365 over his last 18 games. (23 for 63).

He also knocked in a run today. He is 4 HR and 13 RBI over that period.

He raised his average another 7 points to .262. He was at .245 just two games ago.

Alvarez is hitting out of his mind.

3 for 5 today with a double after going 3 for 4 yesterday.

Alvarez is now hitting .365 over his last 18 games. (23 for 63).

He also knocked in a run today. He is 4 HR and 13 RBI over that period.

He raised his average another 7 points to .262. He was at .245 just two games ago.

Once he gets that BA up around .300 we can consider giving him a shot in Baltimore. That OBP is completely BA driven and I expect it would be even more drastically so in the bigs.

Not sure Urrutia is doing anything at AAA, to warrant any talk of his coming to the big leagues.

Urrutia might be the last hitter on the 40 man roster ranking wise. Next year he is going to be out of options. He's got 600+ AAA PA's and a sub 700 ops. He's a singles hitter with below average defense. He's a very poor mans Nick Markakis.

Once he gets that BA up around .300 we can consider giving him a shot in Baltimore. That OBP is completely BA driven and I expect it would be even more drastically so in the bigs.

I don't think it's likely there will be less separation between his BA and OBP in the majors. He's already walking at a lower rate than pitchers-as-hitters do in the majors. My expectation is that he'll hit for a lower average in the majors but will continue to walk in maybe 2% of his PAs.

They say "You can't walk off the the island. You have to hit your way off."

Let's hope our prospects realize a) they're not on an island anymore, and b) discerning a ball from a strike should be their #1 goal.

Urrutia might be the last hitter on the 40 man roster ranking wise. Next year he is going to be out of options. He's got 600+ AAA PA's and a sub 700 ops. He's a singles hitter with below average defense. He's a very poor mans Nick Markakis.

His body bulked up this past off-season, was hoping Brady's routine would help him, with his power.

Who do you lose to give him a shot?

Someone goes to the DL. Injuries can and will happen.

Also it's not out of the realm of possibility that Nolan gets 50 to 100 at bats up here and isn't hitting at all. I could see a move being made in that case.

I'm in no rush to give the guy a shot, personally.

Archived