Just one word to all the posters who expressed a preference for Caleb over Wieters

mdbdotcom

For this season, I love having both. It's nice to not be missing a bat in the lineup when your backup catcher plays. For next season, I only have one word when it comes to Matt and Caleb: $$$$$$$

Wieters production could be easier replaced with Joseph and the money spent elsewhere.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For this season' date=' I love having both. It's nice to not be missing a bat in the lineup when your backup catcher plays. For next season, I only have one word when it comes to Matt and Caleb: $$$$$$$

Wieters production could be easier replaced with Joseph and the money spent elsewhere.[/quote']

True. I hope Clevenger keeps improving defensively at Norfolk, so we can look forward to Caleb and Steve manning the catching duties next year. That takes one position off the list of holes to fill.

For this season' date=' I love having both. It's nice to not be missing a bat in the lineup when your backup catcher plays. For next season, I only have one word when it comes to Matt and Caleb: $$$$$$$

Wieters production could be easier replaced with Joseph and the money spent elsewhere.[/quote']

While you may be right that the money could be better spent elsewhere since we have Joseph, my gut tells me that we are going to make a hard run at Wieters.

While you may be right that the money could be better spent elsewhere since we have Joseph, my gut tells me that we are going to make a hard run at Wieters.

I think they will make a run at Wieters, however, I have doubts about how hard they actually go after him.

If he continues to play well, his market value will soar.

Guest rochester
Nothing negative about Caleb, for sure. He's done a great job that few thought he was capable of doing. I was addressing the people who have said that he has been better than better than Matt. Some have even suggested that Matt's return would hurt the team. I never agreed with that point of view, and the defensive side alone of Matt's return has been a breath of fresh air for the team. His offense has been fantastic, but I certainly don't expect it to stay at this level.

Now, I'm looking forward to seeing Schoop back on the field, before the All Star break. As with Caleb, Flaherty (when healthy) has done a very good job filling in, but it will be great to see the team on the field that was anticipated being there in the pre-season. I'm just hoping the hole we're in is not too deep.

I don't know about anyone else but I am still trying to figure out the one word. I spent time going through my old George Carlin library - not there, a lot of "one words" but none that fit, even in the seven. I know, what does this have to do with Caleb/Matt? Nothing - you folks do the proper analysis - I pay to read.

I don't know about anyone else but I am still trying to figure out the one word. I spent time going through my old George Carlin library - not there, a lot of "one words" but none that fit, even in the seven. I know, what does this have to do with Caleb/Matt? Nothing - you folks do the proper analysis - I pay to read.

Honestly, I've already forgotten what it was, so feel free to insert or make up your own.

And, thank you for readying.

If we are going to make a serious run at keeping Wieters' date=' what would be the market for trading Joseph?[/quote']
I think he would have more value as a backup then they would receive in return.

Easily.

In a vacuum I am taking MW 10/10 over CJ as my starting catcher.

However MLB is not played in a vacuum. Moving forward its not a simple matter of CJ vrs MW.....its CJ and whatever talent the money you would spend on Wieters can get you vrs Wieters. Martin got 5/82 million, I can see MW getting that or more dependent on how things go. I could see how some might think taking the MW money and getting a very good corner OF and starting CJ at C would make more sense than bringing back MW (which I doubt would happen anyway).

Archived