More witches to be burned at stake?

blueberryale77

California authorities are investigating Dr. Ramon Scruggs, the prescription writer for Glaus and Schoenweis, and say they have uncovered the names of more MLB players. Oh goody! :rolleyes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/12/sports/baseball/12scruggs.html?ref=baseball

One of the lawyers said the current investigation had uncovered the names of other major league players who had received prescriptions from Scruggs. Those names are unlikely to be disclosed immediately if legal action is taken, as expected, against Scruggs in the coming months.

“It’s not as big as Radomski, but certainly is something significant,” one of the lawyers said in characterizing the investigation, referring to the investigation of the former Mets clubhouse attendant Kirk Radomski.

True. The guys who's names come out on this list will probably barely be burned at all. They'll just be thanking their lucky stars they didn't make the cut for the Mitchell Report.

Can you name 5 people on the mitchell report? Anyone O's related doesn't count.

I don't mean to sound like a smartass, I'm just trying to point out that people have already forgotten.

I didnt post here much when this article came out so, here is a slightly dated article i found on CNNSI. It mainky deals with the Mitchel Report, but there is also and exert from oeration RAW deal, a massive steriod raid in both China and the US.

Furthermore, there are also other large-scale, ongoing probes Sen. George Mitchell was clearly unable to access. For instance, there's an international DEA operation, code named "Raw Deal," that traces the movement of raw steroid and HGH powder from manufacturing labs in China to the basements and garages of American dealers. Raids have unearthed lengthy client lists and hard drive evidence that sources tell SI.com may well lead directly to the clubhouses and locker rooms of pro sports teams.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/12/13/wertheimllosa.mitchellreport/index.html

easy Clemens, Pettite, Juan Gonzalez, Paul Lo Duca, Both Cansecos Glaus and Gagne....

Its not that its forgotten, its the fact that until a player get suspended and it actually effects a teams roster, people will just ignore it.

In the next 2 years, it will get alot worse, as far as people named and forced to admit steriods before it will gt any better.

I have the feeling that the public just doesn't care anymore.

But the TV people always like a cheap story... they love it when they can read names off a list while showing film clips of the guy... there's no work to it, and they get to talk about "breaking news"...

In some ways, there's an advantage to being an O's fan now. Chances are that anyone who did steroids on the O's post-2000 was in the Mitchell report, so there is less of a chance of seeing our players named and we won't have to worry about it

LOL. What about Sammy Sosa? Even on the O's I don't think it's possible they got everybody who touched the stuff.

I care. I want as much information as possible as to who cheated, when and with what drugs. I don't see any value in continuing to sweep things under the rug. That, after all, is what caused the firestorm in the first place.

I care. I want as much information as possible as to who cheated, when and with what drugs. I don't see any value in continuing to sweep things under the rug. That, after all, is what caused the firestorm in the first place.

Then what you'll get is a neverending investigation that will overshadow the baseball that is being played today as they spend years going back further and further into history to try to dig up more and more skeletons. Fortunately, most people are prepared to put a little mental asterisk next to the steroid era and move on from it.

Then what you'll get is a neverending investigation that will overshadow the baseball that is being played today as they spend years going back further and further into history to try to dig up more and more skeletons. Fortunately, most people are prepared to put a little mental asterisk next to the steroid era and move on from it.

It's ignorant to speak of the steroid era in the past tense. I know it's easier to say what's done is done and turn your head.......but it's not done. Steroids and HGH are not a part of the past, they are the current reality and probably will be the reality from now on.

Testing is easily beatable. It's not enough, users need to be outed and the dealers prosecuted. That includes players on the teams we like.

Archived