Schoop back soon?

mdbdotcom

1 August, is only 2 weeks past the ASG, which is when some posters have projected we might see Schoop back.

Right but those posters were wrong. I don't think those posters were counting on a him needing a six and a half week rehab stint.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Pearce getting so little playing time, it's hard to imagine anyone trading for him.
He's useful role player, I could see someone picking him up. We wouldn't get much back but the main think would be freeing up roster space.

I said as much EARLY LAST YEAR. I'm not one for "told you so's" and he could easily fail at first, but Schoop is definitely a keeper.I actually look at him as a future Robby Cano.

No reason for you to say "I told you so" yet, not when Schoop has a career .623 OPS. You've brought up the "future Cano" argument before, and I think it's extraordinarily far-fetched. Cano had a .778 OPS as a rookie. He's a lifetime .307 hitter and I seriously doubt Schoop will ever be more than a .260-.270 hitter. Now, could Schoop match Cano in the power department? Quite possibly, but he's never going to hit for average the way Cano has. I'd say his upside is akin to a better fielding Brett Boone. Which, by the way, wouldn't be bad at all.

Maybe, but I think Schoop belongs at 2nd.

More upside. I wouldn't mind a little bit of a platoon though. Not quite what we're doing with Wieters/Joseph but different than your traditional platoon. I think it could work out for both of them. And I am glad we have both of them since Flaherty has filled in admirably for Jonathan this year just like he did Manny last year.

More upside. I wouldn't mind a little bit of a platoon though. Not quite what we're doing with Wieters/Joseph but different than your traditional platoon. I think it could work out for both of them. And I am glad we have both of them since Flaherty has filled in admirably for Jonathan this year just like he did Manny last year.

I think Flaherty might get a start at SS, once a week, you got to give Hardy some rest and help ensure he makes it through the season. Dont think Schoop plays full-time, I agree, envision some type of platoon there at 2nd.

I think Flaherty might get a start at SS, once a week, you got to give Hardy some rest and help ensure he makes it through the season. Dont think Schoop plays full-time, I agree, envision some type of platoon there at 2nd.

No way Hardy is going to sit once a week. Once every other week, maybe.

You counting days the team is off? ;)

I wouldn't mind Manny getting a day off every now and then as well.

Flash could start once a week, with Schoop, Hardy, and Manny alternating as the guy getting the day off. That should be enough to keep all four players to remain fresh and engaged.

Archived