Would you sign Manny for 11/$231 mm?

Frobby

Would you sign Manny for 11/$231 mm?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Manny for 11/$231 mm?

• Yes, sign him up today!
    • I'd do it, but only if Manny stays healthy the rest of 2015
    • No, too rich/risky for my blood

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You absolutely offer that deal, and really hope that he accepts it.

He is a superstar type of talent, his knees are repaired, he's one of the best at one of the least deep positions league-wide. It sends a message to the players and the fanbase that the Orioles are serious about competing for quite some time.

Guest rochester
pretty sure, nobody is covered by insurance anymore, because of the high cost to obtain the policies.

just read yours and Witchy's now... thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I haven't seen a single thing reported. Most disappointing thing to happen in Spring Training so far, IMO. Hopefully he's amendable to negotiating in the season, as Jones was. Once he plays out this season and has only two years left before free agency he's going to be much, much harder to extend.

I don't see him extending before free agency.I wouldn't either if I were him,unless they offered 30m per.

I think the Orioles should offer him $30 million/year. I hope that's not the reason nothing had materialized. He's a better player than Stanton. I think the problem is more likely to be that he will want an opt out.

I think the window is already closed.

I would have kept pushing when they were close a few years ago.

I think you are probably right but I'm taking a firm stance of denial on this opinion. If you need me, my head will be buried in the sand.

I think the window is already closed.

I would have kept pushing when they were close a few years ago.

I think you're probably right. If we can't extend him, we will have to trade him to get maximum value because one first round pick isn't going to cut it. It just won't be this year. Jones and Britton are two more guys we

need to figure out what we're doing with. All three guys hit free agency in 2019. If we can't extend them, the sooner we deal them, the more we can get for them. Hell, with the amount of young talent we could get

for all three, we may be competitive the year after the deals are made; truly, a king's ransom.

Of course, whether the FO would be brave enough to do what needed to be done is another thing. It will all depend on how we do this season, but for sure first thing next offseason, figuring out what the deal is with

these three guys should be paramount.

Archived