Maryland plays Minn. 1st round of NIT

erb8472

The reason Gary tried to reject the NIT bid a few years back was because he felt his team was snubbed in NCAA selection process.

I hope that this year they take the opportunity to give their bench some significant minutes and let them get some good tournement experience for next year. Actually I think both Osby and Gist should be on the bench to start the game.

The reason Gary tried to reject the NIT bid a few years back was because he felt his team was snubbed in NCAA selection process.

I hope that this year they take the opportunity to give their bench some significant minutes and let them get some good tournement experience for next year. Actually I think both Osby and Gist should be on the bench to start the game.

There's simply no way that Gary puts his two seniors on the bench to start what may be their last game. Especially when they're good guys, like Boom and James.

That's just nuts.

There's simply no way that Gary puts his two seniors on the bench to start what may be their last game. Especially when they're good guys, like Boom and James.

That's just nuts.

I agree with this but guys like Burney should get extended minutes especially since Osby has really faltered down the stretch.

I agree with this but guys like Burney should get extended minutes especially since Osby has really faltered down the stretch.

Agree 100%. I was just noting the "starting" component. You don't bench seniors for their (potentially) final game. Not unless there's a severe disciplinary issue.

Agree 100%. I was just noting the "starting" component. You don't bench seniors for their (potentially) final game. Not unless there's a severe disciplinary issue.

I pretty much agree, but I personally think Boom has played his way out of the starting line up (as has Hayes) and I dont think Gist can really impact his draft status.

At the same time, I understand that it would never happen. I think the goal of the NIT shouldn't really be to win it, but to develop their players for next year.

If they won the NIT, would that banner be flying in Comcast next season?

BTW, i see UVA is in the CBI tourney...Hey Yardbirds, do you have your CBI tourney brackets filled out? :D

Very funny.

I'm just glad we are in one of them.

This should be a time to play some serious minutes with Singletary off the floor. I'd expect a lot of the minutes to be played with Baker, Diane, Jones, Mikalauskas and Scott on the floor.

That will be our starting line-up next year, except with Jones or Diane coming off the bench and Landesburg starting.

You play to win the game as Herm Edwards would say. These aren't exhibition or pre season games, they go on your record and they should be played as such. You don't put guys out there for anymore minutes than you normally would during the regular season. I understand the thought process of getting some of these young guys more PT but it doesn't really work in the real world.

Archived