Saturday's weather? (Game PPD to Sunday 7:05 Jimenez Gm1 Tillman Gm2)

lovetoaster

So Bundy and Harvey were jerked around like Gausman has been? If that is your logic? Those two got hurt after the Orioles jerked them around?, or do pitching injuries just happen? Harvey and Bundy haven't been moved around.

Just providing a counter point to your assertion that the O's "protects it young arms pretty well.".

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea he's a lock.

Because he will be out of options.

That's smart development, have 40% of your starting rotation unproven players who are out of options.

Or maybe they will trade him for pennies on the dollar.

If he isn't a proven player then why is so important for him to be here now?

He hasn't even been down 20 days yet this year has he? They might not even burn an option this year for all we know. Miguel and more than likely the 5th starter next year will have options.

I'm just saying I am not seeing a lot of evidence that Baltimore protects their young pitchers.

Have no real idea if anyone does brother. I think it is all lick and in the stars. An unnatural physical enterprise. ANd certainly at today's velocities no surprise at all when it goes horribly wrong.

I really think the PED crackdown has a lot to do with it.

Here we go...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Despite rainout tonight in Norfolk, Gausman could still start tmrw, be shortened up, and start Thurs for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> vs <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rangers?src=hash">#Rangers</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So they might give him extra rest, have him make a short start, then start on short rest.

Instead of you know, just letting him pitch yesterday.

Have no real idea if anyone does brother. I think it is all lick and in the stars. An unnatural physical enterprise. ANd certainly at today's velocities no surprise at all when it goes horribly wrong.

I really think the PED crackdown has a lot to do with it.

So do I, and I am certainly not blaming the O's for Harvey or Bundy.

My point is that you can't make the assertion that the O's are particularly adept at protecting young arms.

Just providing a counter point to your assertion that the O's "protects it young arms pretty well.".

Yeah, I don't know that I can jump on that band wagon. It's a mystery to me. And even the largest of sample sizes of this are far too small to prove any case.

So do I, and I am certainly not blaming the O's for Harvey or Bundy.

My point is that you can't make the assertion that the O's are particularly adept at protecting young arms.

They are certainly not a poster child for disaster either. Pitchers all get hurt.

Pushed back three days actually. Last pitched on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norfolk was off Thursday, not much can be done about that. I am leaving to pick up dinner I will be back in a little to continue our debates.

When it got rained put I thought, " at least I get to see Gausman instead of Tillman". Then this thread title broke the news. I'm still watching Tillman. I hope he doesn't lay an egg. The gnome alone should be worth like 3 shutout innings. If Tillman can labor through three on his own, that's six innings of shutout ball. I'll take it.

Unfortunately, the Garden Gnome is not powerful enough to meaningfully impact Tillman's performance. They would need to give away a max-level archmage or a Balrog to work that kind of magic.

Norfolk was off Thursday, not much can be done about that. I am leaving to pick up dinner I will be back in a little to continue our debates.

Pick me up something good while you're out. Pulling him last night makes little sense if the plan was not to start him on Sunday. Unless the rain snuck up on them.

Here we go...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Despite rainout tonight in Norfolk, Gausman could still start tmrw, be shortened up, and start Thurs for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> vs <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rangers?src=hash">#Rangers</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So they might give him extra rest, have him make a short start, then start on short rest.

Instead of you know, just letting him pitch yesterday.

And he did not pitch yesterday...to...wait for it...give the BALTIMORE ORIOLES...more options and more time to look at developments. Not worrying about the minutia. Since it does not appear that any one defined way outperforms any other in reality. Even the Verducci effect has been disproven!!!

Pick me up something good while you're out. Pulling him last night makes little sense if the plan was not to start him on Sunday. Unless the rain snuck up on them.

They thought about it. The other roster issues are also up in the air. They made a decision based on all kinds of things. That you and I are not privy to. They may be real stupid reasons. You and I don't know that one way or the other.

Might be as dumb as a trade falling through.

They thought about it. The other roster issues are also up in the air. They made a decision based on all kinds of things. That you and I are not privy to. They may be real stupid reasons. You and I don't know that one way or the other.

Might be as dumb as a trade falling through.

Do you think that one of Gausman, Tillman, or Ubaldo is on the move? If not, there's little reason to hold back Gausman on Friday.

Looking at the radar, all of the rain will be over by 7 pm.

I guess the field won't be in playable shape by then?

Because the rain is finished for the night.

Once a game begins, the umpires decide whether it should be delayed or postponed. Until then, the start of the game is up to the home team. In this case, the home team wanted to give their center fielder one more day to heal.

Archived