Saturday's weather? (Game PPD to Sunday 7:05 Jimenez Gm1 Tillman Gm2)

lovetoaster

I came up from Charlotte to go to the game tomorrow, and I am meeting a friend that is coming down from New Jersey. He is in the Air Force and has been stationed in Japan for three years, and is pretty excited about seeing his first live baseball game in a while. And of course, heavy rain is in the forecast. I kept hoping that the forecast would improve over the last week or so...but it does not look like it has brightened much.

I know we have some amateur meteorologists here on OH :); does anyone want to weigh in on what our chances may be of playing ball tomorrow night? Thanks!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed at a Holiday INN last night so I'll give it a shot... I think tomorrow's game gets in. Looks like a little break in the rain between 8-9 and the precipitation percentage isn't over 70% much of the night. We will probably see a delay or two but this game will be played!

There is my not so professional view of it :cool:

I stayed at a Holiday INN last night so I'll give it a shot... I think tomorrow's game gets in. Looks like a little break in the rain between 8-9 and the precipitation percentage isn't over 70% much of the night. We will probably see a delay or two but this game will be played!

There is my not so professional view of it :cool:

I'm seeing over a 100% chance of rain from 6-11 tomorrow night. I'm thinking they'll try and make a call early. Especially with season ticket holders getting in at 3:30 tomorrow.

This is Cleveland's only visit to Baltimore this season. In case of rainout, the alternatives are a split DH on Sunday, or a game on either 7/16, 7/20 or 9/3. Those are the only dates the two both have an off-day other than 8/6 when the O's are in the middle of a west coast road trip.

Over a 100% chance?

They must be pretty damn sure!

LOL. My bad. I originally had "over 90% chance" but then changed it because they were like 99%. Just checked and it's down to 86% at gametime. At least were headed the right way. I really hope they get this game in lol.

Thanks everybody...I guess I will just watch the radar and cross my fingers. I don't think I can get out of my hotel room at this point, so I guess I will be coming up either way. :)

Hope it all works out for you! There is some other stuff to do around the city even if the game is a rain out :thumbsup1:

It depends upon whether it will be thunderstorms. Thunderstorms usually blow in and blow out. If it's steady rain, it could be around all day. I am a season ticket holder who is scheduled for this game. I hope they let us know early and not make us wait 3 hours to call the game if it is raining.

If they call the game off, I wouldn't mind doing a day-night double header on Sunday.

Archived