This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

It better not be. This is Baltimore not Tampa.

Buck seems to me not to trust Snider at all, he pinch hits for him every chance he gets and he still doesn't start every game vs a RHP.

How about Christian Walker at 1B and Urrutia/Alvarez at the outfield corners, instead of Parmelee/Pearce/Snider? That's another possibility.

Either of those scenarios is unfortunately more likely than a scenario in which the team resigns Davis, or spends real money to bring in a free agent 1B or COF.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Christian Walker at 1B and Urrutia/Alvarez at the outfield corners, instead of Parmelee/Pearce/Snider? That's another possibility.

Either of those scenarios is unfortunately more likely than a scenario in which the team resigns Davis, or spends real money to bring in a free agent 1B or COF.

That would be a joke. I get the fact we can't have a $10M player at every position. We can't let DD play the find a player off the scrap heap game all over the diamond. Paredes has been good but questions remain especially vs LHP.

I'd rather we spent the money on players with actual talent. DD spent alot of money on role players. It would have been better just to buy a 10 million dollar player and then have a guy making the minimum. So much wasted money this year.

De Aza

Young

W.Wright

E.Cabrera

Then guys that have way under performed.

Matusz

Hunter

Norris

I'd rather we spent the money on players with actual talent. DD spent alot of money on role players. It would have been better just to buy a 10 million dollar player and then have a guy making the minimum. So much wasted money this year.

De Aza

Young

W.Wright

E.Cabrera

Then guys that have way under performed.

Matusz

Hunter

Norris

You wanted Billy Butler I assume?

You wanted Billy Butler I assume?

I don't think butler was our only choice.

I guess I don't understand the thinking of mostly standing pat. Given all the impending free agents, either make a push or start to move some pieces so,that your not losing a third of the roster after this year. Hard to figure.

I guess I don't understand the thinking of mostly standing pat. Given all the impending free agents, either make a push or start to move some pieces so,that your not losing a third of the roster after this year. Hard to figure.

Who else was 10 Million?

Not that hard to figure imo. Of the "third of the roster" being lost, none are really significant and only 3 are notable (Chen, Wieters, Davis). I'd argue that Wieters is already replaced and quite cheaply and it would be more efficient to replace them with other FA's and/or with what we have. Oddly enough, I think Wieter's is the one i expect them to try and re-sign. Which makes little to no sense to me.

Not that hard to figure imo. Of the "third of the roster" being lost, none are really significant and only 3 are notable (Chen, Wieters, Davis). I'd argue that Wieters is already replaced and quite cheaply and it would be more efficient to replace them with other FA's and/or with what we have. Oddly enough, I think Wieter's is the one i expect them to try and re-sign. Which makes little to no sense to me.

Wow, you and I disagree again. I like Joseph but he hasn't shown he can give us what Wieters does yet.

Wow, you and I disagree again. I like Joseph but he hasn't shown he can give us what Wieters does yet.

We won 96 game last year with Joseph and Hundley catching. If anything, Joseph has shown he is not a fluke. He appears to be a perfectly fine ML catcher at a very low cost. Joseph will not have the durability of a past Matt Wieters and will need to tag with another catcher. It sounds like Clevenger could work well. Time to see if he (Clevenger) can hit at the ML level and he has apparently shown improved on defense. Wieters durability, and likely his performance, will only get worse with an unnecessarily expensive contract and substantial risk. Those resources should be allocated elsewhere.

We won 96 game last year with Joseph and Hundley catching. If anything, Joseph has shown he is no a fluke. He appears to be a perfectly fine ML catcher at a very low cost. Joseph will not have the durability of a past Matt Wieters and will need to tag with another catcher. It sounds like Clevenger could work well. Time to see if he (Clevenger) can hit at the ML level and he has apparently shown improved on defense. Wieters durability, and likely his performance, will only get worse with an unnecessarily expensive contract and substantial risk. Those resources should be allocated elsewhere.

Reasonable but I am not sold that Clevenger can fill that role. I want to be clear I like Joseph but I do question just how good he will continuer to be. Roch seems to think Wieters will go to Atlanta.

Reasonable but I am not sold that Clevenger can fill that role. I want to be clear I like Joseph but I do question just how good he will continuer to be. Roch seems to think Wieters will go to Atlanta.

I think Clevenger (and Joseph) will be fine. In any event, it will not be hard to find another catcher to complement Joseph and at a tiny fraction of a Wieters extension and likely with little differential in overall production/value imo. I'll wish Matt well in Atlanta.

I think Clevenger (and Joseph) will be fine. In any event, it will not be hard to find another catcher to complement Joseph and at a tiny fraction of a Wieters extension and likely with little differential in overall production/value imo. I'll wish Matt well in Atlanta.

I agree w this mostly.

It's why Davis is more of a priority imo.

And you've forgotten O'Day, who would be missed more than any of them.

I agree w this mostly.

It's why Davis is more of a priority imo.

And you've forgotten O'Day, who would be missed more than any of them.

Yes, O'Day is certainly a very valuable piece. Still I'm fundamentally against big numbers/contracts to BP guys but I suppose it depends what O'Days number and years will be.

Archived