This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

Actually, this team will have a LOT of holes, but I think they can be addressed.

They have to be. Not going to be easy but they need to add some different types of hitters . OBP is expensive. One thing is I don't want to hear anything about DD and the Jays, that needs to be resolved one way or another before the offseason gets going. I have this fear that the story isn't over yet.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's Friday.

I was done early. I watched the game and have been following the team news.

My job is fantastic and time-consuming. :)

Perfectly fine to disagree with me, but I saw this happening back in January.

MSK

I was upset watching this team at start of the month, that being said I think you need to see the upcoming offseason before judging last year entirely. I disagree with you about the reasons but at this point the past offseason keeps looking worse. We all need to see what they do next year before judging last year completely. After next offseason what will the finished product be?

This is not looking good. Yankees allow 8 runs to us in 3 games then the Twins pound them 10-1 the very next game. The Rays just lost 2/3 to the worst team in baseball and then beat us 3-1.

Bottom line, this is ALL on the offense. They have been down right terrible. Wieters, Parmelee, Lough, Reimold, Snider, and Paredes have all been embarrassingly bad in July. At the moment there's just too much dead weight. Things need to turn around and fast.

This is not looking good. Yankees allow 8 runs to us in 3 games then the Twins pound them 10-1 the very next game. The Rays just lost 2/3 to the worst team in baseball and then beat us 3-1.

Bottom line, this is ALL on the offense. They have been down right terrible. Wieters, Parmelee, Lough, Reimold, Snider, and Paredes have all been embarrassingly bad in July. At the moment there's just too much dead weight. Things need to turn around and fast.

I was really trying to be positive but tonight felt like the death blow to me.

A lot of eyes on DD between now and Opening Day 2016.

I was really trying to be positive but tonight felt like the death blow to me.

A lot of eyes on DD between now and Opening Day 2016.

Rightfully so when the highlight of your offseason includes signing guys like Travis Snider and Chris Parmelee (I'm not even going to mention the Toronto fiasco).

Just get rid of them. Can't stand watching them. Bring up guys from minors. They can't be worse. Maybe Paredes too.

They are simply atrocious. Unfortunately, there aren't better other options. Unless seeing Alvarez, Uruttia and Walker strike out is a better option.

All his moves this year have failed except Paredes and Roe. I don't know if it is possible but our spare parts are getting worse. Time to move on.

Our spare parts have all failed us. That's for sure. Young, Pearce, Reimold, De Aza, Snider, Parmalee have all stunk. Period. Parades has really played well, and as a left hand bat I love him going forward. He has to find a position though, and he either needs to learn how to bat RH or he needs to give it up, because we can't afford to platoon a DH next year. Flaherty has played really well.

All of our money was tied up with late-arb-eligible players this past off-season. We spent our entire budget on the roster as it was constructed. How exactly were we going to resign any of Cruz, Markakis, or Miller?

That was the plan ... keep as much as our core together as we could, even though from a retooling perspective the late arb year guys are the guys you usually recycle to retool. We stayed with all of them that weren't free agents and that was very expensive, and meant that we had to fill in a few places with lower cost gambles.

It didn't work. (But) what else were we going to do? Most people wanted us to keep the core together. DD kept those he could within the budget constraints. Keeping this many late arb guys together is expensive and risky, but that's called going for it. It didn't work out.

As others have pointed out, Dan has done an amazing job of still positioning us to not fall off a cliff in spite of our predicament.

In DD I (still do) trust.

It's Friday.

I was done early. I watched the game and have been following the team news.

My job is fantastic and time-consuming. :)

Perfectly fine to disagree with me, but I saw this happening back in January.

MSK

Just like you saw this happening in January 2014. And January 2013. And January 2012.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Alvarez. Walker. Cleavinger. Yastrzemski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alvarez, and Walker, OK....and maybe Urrutia. All are hitting well. Much rather call up 1B Trey Mancini from Bowie. He is ripping the cover off the ball.

Clevenger is a catcher and deserves to be up, but Buck won't carry 3 catchers until teams expand

And Yastrzemski is struggling with the bat at Bowie

And each year we played WELL over our heads.

It's all come back down to earth now. And it's not pretty.

MSK

Hah Thanks for being consistent. So the team was the best team in the AL for 3 seasons but they played over their head the entire time. Got it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

And each year we played WELL over our heads.

It's all come back down to earth now. And it's not pretty.

MSK

We didn't play over anyone's head in 2014. We had far more talent than any other team in the AL East. We were starting AllStars at 6 out of 8 positions (Nelson, Adam, Manny, JJ, Chris, Matt), with the other 2 solid and GG candidates (Markakis and Schoop). We SHOULD have won and we did.

This year we were still starting AllStars at 5 out of 8 positions. Unfortunately, guys have missed a lot of time on the DL, our remaining cast has gotten much more expensive as a result of being deep into arbitration, and our plug ins for the other roles haven't performed.

(But) don't pretend that we over-achieved last year, or that if we win the division this year that we'd be over-achieving this year either. I'd say we're well under-achieving our mark this year, even though that is lower than last year's mark for sure.

Archived