This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

So much misinformation. Three straight winning seasons, with more wins of any team in our division, and including a division title after fourteen straight losers, but that's not "much fruit?" Speaking of "fruit" is that sour grapes? I guess you haven't noticed we have been promoting what we can from the minors - Gausman, Schoop are two of the more prominent examples. I'd prefer to trust our management to bring these guys up when and if they are ready and not to rush them. We have young pitching in the wings, but Bundy and Harvey had setbacks this year. You throw out generalities like "promote whomever we have in AAA," which sounds nice but it also noticeably lacks specifics. Would you care to provide them?

The Orioles have left themselves in a position of payroll flexibility with only Jones signed through 2018. You should appreciate that given all the salary you want to dump in the next week. We'll have to agree to disagree that Cruz would have made the difference you seek this season. But of course, he's really put Seattle over the top. Oh wait...

If only Seattle could play over their heads.

And thank you for making the point so eloquently. So much generalities and no specifies. Sure let's trade out FA to be and DFA fodder for top 100 prospects. This isn't a video game. Doesn't work like that.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If only Seattle could play over their heads.

And thank you for making the point so eloquently. So much generalities and no specifies. Sure let's trade out FA to be and DFA fodder for top 100 prospects. This isn't a video game. Doesn't work like that.

So you don't think we can get a couple of TOR SP for Reimold?

Paredes could literally strike out in every at bat the rest of the year and I wouldn't DFA him. There is a lot of talent there and it has come out for extended periods several times. He has attributes that can not be taught. We need to coach him up and reap the rewards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course. But he is not Hanley Ramirez. So some doubt our desire to succeed by keeping him.

Paredes could literally strike out in every at bat the rest of the year and I wouldn't DFA him. There is a lot of talent there and it has come out for extended periods several times. He has attributes that can not be taught. We need to coach him up and reap the rewards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's streaky and a free swinger but there's a lot of raw ability. He needs to know when to cut down on his swing, which can become long, and not get down on himself so much. He's affected too easily by bad results.

1B seems like less of a stretch defensively compared to the OF at this point in his career if he can learn it. I'd be fine with an everyday DH. I hear you can do that in the AL.

I am fed up with Buck. Buck knows how to get a team going, but he doesn't have the fight to take a team to win the Al pennant.

He just pampers players too much; remember how long it took him to remove Jimmy Johnson and this year Norris. The Orioles play simple baseball

not long at bats, no steals, etc

Totally agree. He's one of those guys that can improve you, but won't get you over the hump.

Snyder needs to go...park as well...Paredes is a hacker who can look great then terrible...keep him but bat him lower in the lineup.

I might also offer that Wieters looks like he will never develop into anything special and is so underwhelming.

Yeah, I'm part of that imaginary clique that is mean and nasty to you for no reason. You still haven't produced one bit of evidence that you were treated unfairly for any ideas about resigning Cruz or Miller but that doesn't stop you from whining about it over and over again.

According to you there is group think and then you, Herman, and the JTreas of the world, the visionaries. Pretty laughable, because the most critical are always the ones who can least take it.

Evidence?

Try the majority of the postings about the offseason DURING the offseason when DD wasn't doing anything and anyone who said anything about the lack of movement was promptly thrashed by a select few who just kept defending the lack of movement over and over and over and over.

I can take it because 90% of the time all I get is snark and attitude whenever I post anything at all (although anything positive I post goes completely ignored) and I talk about something I don't like, then I'm called all kinds of things.

It's fine with me, my point is that I want the Orioles to develop a plan to move us into 2016 and beyond that includes a WS run. That's not happening right now or anytime soon unfortunately.

MSK

This is the biggest crock of bullspit there is. The snark you get is because of your repetitive "schtick" of me against the Hangout and I was right and they were wrong. There is plenty of diversity of opinion around here but you keep ignoring it. You have to earn respect from other posters. It's all in the posts. Try coming up with something new and original. I'm betting against it.

Sigh.

I guess I need to go back through the posts from Nov 2014 - March 2015 to find the multiple threads of snark.

I'm not making it up, it's ALL there.

What am I supposed to say that's new when the team keeps losing because of the fact that DD did nothing of note during the offseason? Please explain that to me.

We're not losing because of some mystical problem, it's because of one thing: DD's lack of moves during the offseason.

Sorry if I don't deify the man.

MSK

Sigh.

I guess I need to go back through the posts from Nov 2014 - March 2015 to find the multiple threads of snark.

What am I supposed to say that's new when the team keeps losing because of the fact that DD did nothing of note during the offseason? Please explain that to me.

We're not losing because of some mystical problem, it's because of one thing: DD's lack of moves during the offseason.

MSK

DD's lack of moves led to Norris and Tillman regressing hardcore?

So apparently it is more than one thing. Pretty stupid to say the sole reason we are losing is because DD didn't do anything. But I am sorry. I am actually bringing facts to this discussion.

Hey, he's a good guy just voicing his opinion.

You left out the part about the misunderstood genius.

I did ask that people leave personalities out of the discussion and put people on ignore if necessary. I won't ask a 3rd time.
This is the biggest crock of bullspit there is. The snark you get is because of your repetitive "schtick" of me against the Hangout and I was right and they were wrong. There is plenty of diversity of opinion around here but you keep ignoring it. You have to earn respect from other posters. It's all in the posts. Try coming up with something new and original. I'm betting against it.

Sigh.

MSK

Enough! Take it offline, or better yet ignore each other.

Archived