This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think going forward we can build our team expecting more than a league average rotation with what we have. I am not saying that we shouldn't strive for better but if a 2014 season happens then it is a bonus.

A lot depends on Gausman and we still don't know what we have in him. If he can pitch like he did in 2013, he could emerge as a replacement for Chen. In which case, the loss of Norris and Tillman pitching to his career norms (which he seems to be doing lately) could give us a rotation similar to what we had in 2014, slightly better than league average, without any additions. Then again, Gausman could stink.

A lot depends on Gausman and we still don't know what we have in him. If he can pitch like he did in 2013, he could emerge as a replacement for Chen. In which case, the loss of Norris and Tillman pitching to his career norms (which he seems to be doing lately) could give us a rotation similar to what we had in 2014, slightly better than league average, without any additions. Then again, Gausman could stink.

Gausman is key like you said. I hate to keep hammering home the same points but NYY's starters have been about the same as ours and KC -now Cueto included- has been worse. We need as complete of a team as possible.

Gausman is key like you said. I hate to keep hammering home the same points but NYY's starters have been about the same as ours and KC -now Cueto included- has been worse. We need as complete of a team as possible.

Brothers and Sisters, As I have said many times before we were a step away from the WS last year. The off season would have been the perfect time to sign a FA or 2. Instead we let Cruz and Miller walk.

Brothers and Sisters, As I have said many times before we were a step away from the WS last year. The off season would have been the perfect time to sign a FA or 2. Instead we let Cruz and Miller walk.

Well, Brother Big that may be the reality in Yankee, Boston or Dodger land but adding another 25-30 million per year in AAV salary this year on top of those being long term/high risk contracts isn't ours.

I don't think going forward we can build our team expecting more than a league average rotation with what we have. I am not saying that we shouldn't strive for better but if a 2014 season happens then it is a bonus.

League average rotation with league best defense. I'll take that.

At least you admit to being wrong consistently and emphatically. I appreciate your determination to set the record straight.

And kept Davis.

Well, Brother Big that may be the reality in Yankee, Boston or Dodger land but adding another 25-30 million per year in AAV salary last year on top of those being long term/high risk contracts isn't ours.

Are you certain we are even working on a profitable season? As is?

It is certainly difficult to understand how Snider can have the positive WAR he currently holds. My advice would be to take WAR as simply one indicator of several and I would caution not to use it to freely in the middle of a season.

I haven't watched Nick play at all this year. He certainly has a good OBP but pretty much everything else appears to be about a zero and his average is slowly falling to the expected 275-285 range from over range. At 275 with virtually no power, he can't be bringing much to the team even with a good OBP. And I'm a huge Nick fan.

Uh oh - reverse jinx alert! As his brother in arms BRob did, and Brandon Snyder, and lowly TOR OF Adam Loewen did before him when facing their former team, Kakes will hit his second bomb of this year against his former squad* - book it! Will Ryan Lavarnway also? Stay tuned!

*however, in a losing cause

Archived