This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I'm just tired of the construction of the current team, especially offensively. You need more than a one trick pony up and down your lineup.

All teams are flawed, but this team was just never good enough I'm afraid.

Agreed. It's not just the offense, though. I think the bullpen and rotation could use a cleaning out as well.

I'm wondering if we're getting the point where dealing a guy like Jones might make sense. We need to replenish the minors and get some guys that are ready to contribute immediately into our system.

Agreed. It's not just the offense, though. I think the bullpen and rotation could use a cleaning out as well.

I'm wondering if we're getting the point where dealing a guy like Jones might make sense. We need to replenish the minors and get some guys that are ready to contribute immediately into our system.

If you're going into a full rebuild then I agree, Jones should be on the block this offseason and so should Zach Britton. Rebuild around Machado and Schoop. Spend the money you save on departing free agents on extending Machado and Schoop, and for the love of God, please spend some real money on international amateur free agents for once.

If you're going into a full rebuild then I agree, Jones should be on the block this offseason and so should Zach Britton. Rebuild around Machado and Schoop. Spend the money you save on departing free agents on extending Machado and Schoop, and for the love of God, please spend some real money on international amateur free agents for once.

Yes, I would imagine that Jones and Britton could bring back a pretty decent haul. I'd look into possibly dealing Tillman as well.

The bullpen has been one of the best in baseball this year. I'd say it's the only part of the team that you can't really blame for this season going poorly.

Yes, I would imagine that Jones and Britton could bring back a pretty decent haul. I'd look into possibly dealing Tillman as well.

You guys are 100% nuts. We're all down and all. But trade jones? Why? That's just insane. This team needs a rake, not a bulldozer. Re sign Davis, Parra, and Oday. Get comp picks for Chen and MW. Pray to the baseball gods for Harvey and Bundy to be healthy. Maybe put Britton in the rotation. We definitely have to upgrade the rotation. See if we can trade Ubaldo. Maybe to Colorado for De La Rosa.

Buck was wrong about Clevenger. And a lot of posters jumped on the Clevenger thinks he's way better than he really is bandwagon. I love how he's hitting 5th when he was banished for saying he should be batting higher in the lineup. He was right. Buck was wrong. Instead Buck wanted Lavarnway and all the other DH types. The guy was literally a last resort this season. I really like Buck but he totally blew this one.

Or he was kept in AAA for an extended period to work on his defense, since his bat was never the issue...

Buck even said he told him to go down there and lead the league in batting while working on his defense.

What the hell is going on this season, this is so unbelievably frustrating. The last few years I've always felt like we would win somehow, but this year it is the total opposite. In fact I'm just surprised at this point when we do when. Well let me take that back, if we beat a bad team no surprise there, however if we beat a good team that is a major surprise. .500 is written all over this squad. Any sort of win streak is destroyed by a losing streak.

It's really really hard not to blame DD here after twiddling his thumbs in the offseason as he had one foot out the door. Way to not do anything to upgrade a team that was in the ALCS. A team that fortunately had all its pitchers (minus Ubaldo) turn it on in the second half. Really there was the tiniest of hanged they all could duplicate that especially when, except for Tillman, they're all 4-5 rotation guys.

I could go on but what's the point. This mega rant board feels like a baseball therapist haha

K

What the hell is going on this season, this is so unbelievably frustrating. The last few years I've always felt like we would win somehow, but this year it is the total opposite. In fact I'm just surprised at this point when we do when. Well let me take that back, if we beat a bad team no surprise there, however if we beat a good team that is a major surprise. .500 is written all over this squad. Any sort of win streak is destroyed by a losing streak.

It's really really hard not to blame DD here after twiddling his thumbs in the offseason as he had one foot out the door. Way to not do anything to upgrade a team that was in the ALCS. A team that fortunately had all its pitchers (minus Ubaldo) turn it on in the second half. Really there was the tiniest of hanged they all could duplicate that especially when, except for Tillman, they're all 4-5 rotation guys.

I could go on but what's the point. This mega rant board feels like a baseball therapist haha

This team just isn't very good!

As the song said ... You gotta know when to foldem and DD just didn't in this case. The media world was saying the team didn't have the bullets with the injuries to Bundy/Harvey....not that they would've been traded if they were healthy.

Poor approach both in the offseason and making the right decision. The exec of the year last year has really came back to earth this season.

K

This team just isn't very good!

As the song said ... You gotta know when to foldem and DD just didn't in this case. The media world was saying the team didn't have the bullets with the injuries to Bundy/Harvey....not that they would've been traded if they were healthy.

Poor approach both in the offseason and making the right decision. The exec of the year last year has really came back to earth this season.

I think everyone knows that the window of opportunity for this club essentially closed after last year's season. This year (after there weren't any signings of note in the offseason) I saw this team as the sink or swim team - and no, the front office didn't throw in a life preserver - they held true to the budget (actually cut it, with Tommy's Salary dump - it is what it is.

It's difficult to imagine that this club will step up like they did last year; considering that the replacements for Cruz and Markakis were essentially Parm and Snider. Like I said, this is the sink or swim year with downgrade replacements (that have all now been DFA'd); currently we're treading water- and sinking fast.

Oh and by the way, if anyone is super frustrated with this season, don't be (and don't expect too much from it) - this year we'll hopefully be at or slightly above .500 - it also marks the end of the team's recent salad days.

Perhaps these recent losses, are foreshadowing and mark the downward spiral into another 14 year losing stint. Looking forward to season 2030, when we get back on track!!:2yay-thumb:

I think everyone knows that the window of opportunity for this club essentially closed after last year's season. This year (after there weren't any signings of note in the offseason) I saw this team as the sink or swim team - and no, the front office didn't throw in a life preserver - they held true to the budget (actually cut it, with Tommy's Salary dump - it is what it is.

It's difficult to imagine that this club will step up like they did last year; considering that the replacements for Cruz and Markakis were essentially Parm and Snider. Like I said, this is the sink or swim year with downgrade replacements (that have all now been DFA'd); currently we're treading water- and sinking fast.

Oh and by the way, if anyone is super frustrated with this season, don't be (and don't expect too much from it) - this year we'll hopefully be at or slightly above .500 - it also marks the end of the team's recent salad days.

Perhaps these recent losses, are foreshadowing and mark the downward spiral into another 14 year losing stint. Looking forward to season 2030, when we get back on track!!:2yay-thumb:

Parra is making more then Hunter.

Just to pile on with my two cents: this is the most frustrating team I've ever seen.

In the offseason, I was ok with the moves made, not thrilled. I thought the 4 headed monster between LF and RF would be able to replace Nick and Nelson. Especially with Manny and Matt back. It's pretty shocking that it didn't. There have been a lot of poor seasons, and I think if we replay this season over again, we'd see a much different result.

My real concern is that this offseason we sit on the fence. Bring in a couple of "decent" replacements for Davis and Chen, then end up .500 again. This is do or die for DD, and I have very little confidence in him. He gets robbed in trades. He doesn't have the budget to fill the holes appropriately. And, he's not going to give in and tear it down.

It feels like 1998 all over again.

Just to pile on with my two cents: this is the most frustrating team I've ever seen.

In the offseason, I was ok with the moves made, not thrilled. I thought the 4 headed monster between LF and RF would be able to replace Nick and Nelson. Especially with Manny and Matt back. It's pretty shocking that it didn't. There have been a lot of poor seasons, and I think if we replay this season over again, we'd see a much different result.

My real concern is that this offseason we sit on the fence. Bring in a couple of "decent" replacements for Davis and Chen, then end up .500 again. This is do or die for DD, and I have very little confidence in him. He gets robbed in trades. He doesn't have the budget to fill the holes appropriately. And, he's not going to give in and tear it down.

It feels like 1998 all over again.

This team is nothing like the 98 team. I don't get why people keep saying that. We have really good young players/players in their primes, locked up for the next few years. Machado, Schoop, Britton, Jones, Tillman, Gausman. That 1998 team had none of that.

This team is nothing like the 98 team. I don't get why people keep saying that. We have really good young players/players in their primes, locked up for the next few years. Machado, Schoop, Britton, Jones, Tillman, Gausman. That 1998 team had none of that.

I also think that Gonzo, Givens, Ubaldo, Brach, Joseph are all guys who can capably fill roles. That helps. Sure we would love Ubaldo to be #2 starter but he or Gonzo would make a perfectly fine#5.

This team is nothing like the 1998 team but it has some significant holes coming up that have to be filled.

Archived