Mussina was at the game tonight

paulcoates

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I boo'ed him. Most sports wounds heal with time. But leaving the O's for the Yankees in the prime of your career...I just can't cheer for him.

Hope that ring fits well. :beerchug1:

He was my favorite player. Not sure I would have actually booed but I wouldn't have cheered either. I haven't gotten over it. Probably never will. You are spot on.

He was my favorite player. Not sure I would have actually booed but I wouldn't have cheered either. I haven't gotten over it. Probably never will. You are spot on.

That's about where I stand too. He was my favorite, and I won't boo, or cheer. He's a stark reminder for me of the dark age.

Mussina coaches the Montoursville high school basketball team and coached or still does coach his sons baseball team.

I've also done work at his home about 9-10 years ago. His wife was really friendly and would come out to tell us how nice it looked (put stone on one of his two massive garages).

Mike came out one or two times, we got a hello out of him but that's about it. He's not very friendly but I guess I wasn't surprised because I knew he kind of liked to be left alone.

I was 18 or so at the time but I already had a ton of his autographs from growing up in the same place he's from so it wasn't a real big deal for me. Being an O's fan, I knew his background of going to the Yanks so i wasn't a big fan anyhow.

Anyways.. it was a cool experience, we got to go through both of his garages(warehouses basically) and he has some unreal stuff in there.

I think it was classy that the O's recognized it and setup that little montage and got him a nice ovation. That or the O's know how he really isn't a big fan of attention and did it to troll him. Either way, I think it's kinda neat that he came out for a ballgame and Cito still sucks.

This.

I tapped, I talked, I conquered.

Mussina left because PGA and minions were too incompetent to retain him. PGA broke our hearts letting our best pitcher since Palmer go to NY.

Since most of Palmers work was done in the pitchers era, a case could be made that Moose was the better pitcher. Who was the better Oriole, hah, not even close.

Archived