vs. ATHLETICS, 8/17

OFFNY

Lucky for him he had some good people with him and kept him out of trouble.

They also pushed his start back tonight. They are now going with a 6 man rotation. The idea is to give their starters extra rest, but the guy tonight couldn't get out of the 2nd, so now they have to burn an undermanned pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They also pushed his start back tonight. They are now going with a 6 man rotation. The idea is to give their starters extra rest, but the guy tonight couldn't get out of the 2nd, so now they have to burn an undermanned pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we can blame the young man for not making it out of the second.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• For two years we talked about 7+ run leads possibly not being Baumann proof. I probably would have DFA'd Perez first, but I don't fault them here. They needed to get rid of someone and he was one of the two least reliable options out of the pen. I guess Perez got the LHP hard thrower advantage, even though he's not good.
    • Boras has never had a guy sign a long-term extension with 2 years of service time or less. I'm sure it's something they will look long and hard at after the season. I don't expect that to change in May of this year, but I do think that if they make an offer that he turns down, people won't think they lowballed him.
    • I'd have optioned Akin too...but I'd have DFA's Cionel Perez before Baumann
    • Not saying they are one jerk but there’s always likely something that is the straw that broke the camels back and that outing yesterday may have been it.
    • I know you can go to the MLB.com site and see a highlight with commentary and all that, but I had a hunch last night for this particular AB and got lucky.  Was enjoying myself too much live to capture either of the triples for timing purposes 😆  But it was fun hearing this huge crowd erupt as it was headed back to tie things up in the bottom of the first!  
    • Agreed. My point was that the fans knew the Nats were trying.  The Orioles have not tried.  People can say that we don’t know but Gunnar was asked and said there were no talks that he had any knowledge of.  No player should be upset if the Orioles came out and said they wanted some extensions.  And the fans are going to be happy they are at least trying. Right now we have no evidence they have even tried.  This is why many, including some defending saying nothing, were upset with Angelos. 
    • It's hard to hit your way out of a slump when you are on the bench. Mullins is going to get chances, I don't believe he's completely cooked.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now