Brittany Ghiroli on frustration in O's locker room

Nevermore

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if Cruz is producing in the third year of his contract (I really don't care about the fourth year, cost of doing business), will you come here and acknowledge it?

By the way. It's not the cost of doing business. It's why we don't have him so you need to look at that. Small to medium market cloud can do like the Phillies, Red Sox, Dodgers and Yankees. And Seattle? Investment in extra years for aging stars cost the GM his job.

And if Cruz is producing in the third year of his contract (I really don't care about the fourth year, cost of doing business), will you come here and acknowledge it?

This. We all know the 4th year will be a loss. As you said, cost of doing business.

We will see on DJ. I don't know, just what I have seen I am not impressed. His arm is terrible. I think he needs to hit well enough to play 1B which isn't happening IMO. We will see I guess.

As for the plummet, why not trade DOD or whoever you can yesterday than? If that is the strategy to build for next year.

I assume he was claimed. And no trade was available.

Yes, but I disagree. It affects us stat-wise to not have Cruz in the lineup, and I'll agree with that, but to say that his departure somehow demoralized them or made them more likely to cave under pressure and therefore negatively affected the rest of the players this whole season?? We're talking about grown men here, not toddlers.

I think the media, including Britt, realize that we as fans are super frustrated right now and are looking for any answers we can dig up to give some rhyme or reason to why this team sucks so badly. So she's giving us exactly what we want: a reason. Well, it's not what I want. It rings hollow to me. It's a cop-out and a poor excuse for a terrible team's unacceptable play.

If people were robots your point would be valid.

Team chemistry is important. When Charles Haley came to the Cowboys in the 90's things changed. Sure he was the pass rusher they needed and that they stole from the Forty Whiners, but every significant player from that team said that Charles Haley brought something they didnt have before. He taught them how to win. How to practice. How to focus. He changed the entire tone for the players, and not just the defense. They is arguably one of the greatest assembled teams of all time in the NFL with HOF players and class guys that were winners, but to a man they ALL say Charles Haley brought something they didnt have and something that they needed. Team chemistry is super important, and I think we are seeing it this year with the Orioles. We are going to see a 15-20 game difference on the difference it makes.

I was waiting for someone to post this article on the board. I saw it last night. Bold words from Brittany here. It's an interesting opinion/observation of what it meant to lose guys like Markakis, Cruz, and Young. Veteran clubhouse leaders, professional hitters, whatever you want to call them. This is a great look into the human aspect of cultivating a successful MLB team, and it shows that you can't always build a team on paper based on WAR and OPS. Winning certainly builds chemistry, but chemistry can (and in my opinion DOES) often create a positive, successful environment.

The O's faces three extremely tough decisions last winter. They have another three tough ones to make this winter. Last year, they were wrong on two of them. I hope history doesn't repeat itself, or we're going to be in big trouble.

Just because you guys say it does not make it so.

Right. The Orioles clearly don't think the same way. Also, since they were so tapped out on budget they had to trade Hunter to take on Parra's salary, who goes to keep Cruz?

Let me guess, all the hindsight dead money DFA'd guys right? Because your crystal balls said they all would fail? I think weams is probably right that Chris Davis was most likely the one non-tendered if they decided to sign Cruz. Then what?

Right. The Orioles clearly don't think the same way. Also, since they were so tapped out on budget they had to trade Hunter to take on Parra's salary, who goes to keep Cruz?

Let me guess, all the hindsight dead money DFA'd guys right? Because your crystal balls said they all would fail? I think weams is probably right that Chris Davis was most likely the one non-tendered if they decided to sign Cruz. Then what?

It's The PA way if you get something you have to give something back. ;)

I was waiting for someone to post this article on the board. I saw it last night. Bold words from Brittany here. It's an interesting opinion/observation of what it meant to lose guys like Markakis, Cruz, and Young. Veteran clubhouse leaders, professional hitters, whatever you want to call them. This is a great look into the human aspect of cultivating a successful MLB team, and it shows that you can't always build a team on paper based on WAR and OPS. Winning certainly builds chemistry, but chemistry can (and in my opinion DOES) often create a positive, successful environment.

The O's faces three extremely tough decisions last winter. They have another three tough ones to make this winter. Last year, they were wrong on two of them. I hope history doesn't repeat itself, or we're going to be in big trouble.

It's random speculation from a beat reporter. It's not a great look into anything.

They weren't wrong on anything yet, unless the departed players signed 1 year deals.

Archived