Brittany Ghiroli on frustration in O's locker room

Nevermore

If only we'd replaced Cruz and the starting pitchers. Why didn't we do that?

Do you think overall clubhouse chemistry doesn't influence the starting pitching? Just a question.

I am NOT suggesting Cruz is the reason our starting pitching stinks. I am saying that overall team chemistry helps all facets of your team however.

I liked Bud Norris. I wouldn't have traded him (what do I know). But to me, not trading him in the offseason as many on here thought we should, really hurt us.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No quotes. Just theories and speculation. I expect better of Britt.

I am sure the guys miss Markakis and Cruz. But they are big boys paid well to play professional baseball. And no veterans? That is ridiculous. Jones, Davis, Wieters, JJ, O'Day, Ubaldo. If they miss Markakis and Cruz it is for their production.

THis can't be...losing Cruz was no big deal and those who think so are just complainers:)

As for Kakes, I LOVED kakes but there is no way he is worth that kind of money.

Cruz was and is a fabulous powerful PED user who was beloved in Baltimore and is outperforming his probabilities with eve healthy game he plays. I also would have signed him. And have been wrong.

Cruz was and is a fabulous powerful PED user who was beloved in Baltimore and is outperforming his probabilities with eve healthy game he plays. I also would have signed him. And have been wrong.

I saw you post this before. Not sure I follow. Why would have you been wrong? I strongly disagree (as you can tell).

She's right, losing Delmon Young was huge.

You just can't replace below replacement level production easily. That one hurt.

You can't understate that locker room veteran presence though. Plus. It fits our decline timetable perfectly. The starters blew up because of his release.

I would probably be frustrated too. They should be frustrated with themselves. The starters have taken a huge step back and some of the role players have had a terrible season.

And I doubt they are too upset about Markakis and Cruz leaving. Will Wieters, Davis, and Chen be sad when they get huge contracts and leave?

Because he would have cost Davis and the pick we get for Davis. And he will be an anchor like Hardy shortly.

I didn't hear many object to Hardy. I think we just thought "DD must have a plan"...well....kinda....

I have little confidence in our "picks" anymore. After seeing our first rounder this year, I just don't know. A late first rounder at that. I would rather have Davis.

Do you think overall clubhouse chemistry doesn't influence the starting pitching? Just a question.

I am NOT suggesting Cruz is the reason our starting pitching stinks. I am saying that overall team chemistry helps all facets of your team however.

I liked Bud Norris. I wouldn't have traded him (what do I know). But to me, not trading him in the offseason as many on here thought we should, really hurt us.

What we had going into the off-season was:

- 2 clubhouse and fan favorites it made no sense to sign to the contracts they received

- The emotional desire to keep a winning team together as much as possible

- Uncertainties at more positions than could possibly have been replaced with "sure things"

Also, I think Buck was upset that DD didn't sign Nick. Just my opinion.

I recommended then that the best thing for the FO to do would be to see how the team played and adjust from there, rather than initiate a wholesale turnover. It hasn't worked out. Next year is another year. Maybe things will go better with some money to spend.

I get the frustration from losing productive players and good teammates. But it doesn't explain how the starting pitching, which returned its top 6 starters, completely imploded this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Injuries and a regression away from unsustainable career years towards their peripherals.

I didn't hear many object to Hardy. I think we just thought "DD must have a plan"...well....kinda....

I have little confidence in our "picks" anymore. After seeing our first rounder this year, I just don't know. A late first rounder at that. I would rather have Davis.

You don't get to have Davis. You could have had Cruz. And the baloney about D.J. Possibly the best hitter in the draft available at the end of the first round. And a Boras client so he signed late and high and has had a slow start. With our recent plummet, our draft choices will be more desirable next year.

Because he would have cost Davis and the pick we get for Davis. And he will be an anchor like Hardy shortly.

And if Cruz is producing in the third year of his contract (I really don't care about the fourth year, cost of doing business), will you come here and acknowledge it?

You don't get to have Davis. You could have had Cruz. And the baloney about D.J. Possibly the best hitter in the draft available at the end of the first round. And a Boras client so he signed late and high and has had a slow start. With our recent plummet, our draft choices will be more desirable next year.

We will see on DJ. I don't know, just what I have seen I am not impressed. His arm is terrible. I think he needs to hit well enough to play 1B which isn't happening IMO. We will see I guess.

As for the plummet, why not trade DOD or whoever you can yesterday than? If that is the strategy to build for next year.

Archived