Matt Harvey for Zach Britton?

weams

Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?

• Dark Knight (Boras Client)
    • Zach Attack (Boras Client)

Cal Jr. once missed a team flight because he was delayed in traffic, though it cost Frank Wren his job since he chose not to keep the plane on the ground waiting for Cal. Point is this stuff happens and, if it is isolated, is absolutely making a mountain out of a molehill.
If missing practice is an isolated incident, no problem. But what I've read is that Harvey does this fairly regularly.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cal Jr. once missed a team flight because he was delayed in traffic, though it cost Frank Wren his job since he chose not to keep the plane on the ground waiting for Cal. Point is this stuff happens and, if it is isolated, is absolutely making a mountain out of a molehill.

It was more run-ins than just Cal missing his flight, but that was the final straw with Wren. You know, they must have really been unhappy for Angelos to sign off, on firing a GM, with 2 years left to go on his contract.

In a statement released tonight, Orioles Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer Joseph Foss said Wren's firing came as the result of a meeting held Tuesday at Foss's request, in which Wren was confronted with "a season-long series of incidents involving a variety of personnel matters, both with front-office staff and players.

It was more run-ins than just Cal missing his flight, but that was the final straw with Wren. You know, they must have really been unhappy for Angelos to sign off, on firing a GM, with 2 years left to go on his contract.

Correct, didn't intend to suggest it was an isolated incident that lead to Wren's departure.

I guess if were going to dream, might as well dream big.

http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2015/10/08/da-harvey-cut-no-slack-with-his-baseball-booze/

Matt Harvey was late to a team workout Tuesday, and Mets fans convulsed in disgust. The New York Post (which seems to have moles everywhere here) reported Harvey spent the evening throwing a Monday Night Football party at a Tribeca steakhouse. This led to the obvious connection: Harvey was hungover and overslept.

People were furious. His drinking got in the way of the team.

If missing practice is an isolated incident, no problem. But what I've read is that Harvey does this fairly regularly.
Links to those stories of prior missed practices or team events? I've read lot of stories on him and have yet to read of prior incidents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still waiting on those links.

Still waiting on those links.
http://nypost.com/2015/10/06/matt-harvey-risks-alienating-mets-clubhouse-with-selfish-shtick/
Truthfully, that was the easy part — the mandatory part, if you will. But this is now twice in the past five weeks that Harvey has allowed his own personal drama to intrude on the Mets’ path to the postseason. There has always been a 24-and-1 vibe to him anyway, which only reaches fever pitch when something like this happens.

And makes you wonder: What’s next?

Is this the worst transgression a teammate has ever committed? Of course not, not even close. But the fact is this is a horrible optic. Harvey has said time and again how he craves a leadership role on this team, has been emphatic about how he wanted to be a part of the solution when the Mets finally turned things around. And he has been.

But the drama has to stop. How do you tell anyone with a straight face that you lost track of time on what is, essentially, the first day of your postseason career? How do you explain that to Wright, who’s waited nine long years to get back? How do you explain that to Jon Niese or Bartolo Colon, guys who are likely to lose their precious spots in the Mets rotation yet somehow managed to show up for work?

His teammates will accept his apology because they have to, because dwelling on this makes no sense. His bosses won’t punish him beyond a fine because, as Collins acknowledged, this isn’t high school football, you don’t sit him for a half to teach a life lesson. You give him the ball for Game 3, and the message you send will be as clear as if it were delivered with million-kilowatt neon lights bound for Broadway:

Show us you’re worth the hassle.

The other situation was something about his innings, not missing a workout. Keep in mind that he missed last year with Tommy John.

You claimed in your previous post that he misses workouts "pretty regularly".

From your link:

Harvey himself copped to his indiscretion: “I screwed up. There’s not really anything else to say. They know what happened. I told everybody and apologized to everybody and told them it’s not going to happen again. It’s never happened before. Unfortunately, it happened kind of at a bad time, a mandatory time. Truly, I just screwed up.”

The other situation was something about his innings, not missing a workout. Keep in mind that he missed last year with Tommy John.

You claimed in your previous post that he misses workouts "pretty regularly".

Hey, in the context of this week he's missed a significant percentage of the team's workouts. I truly hope he's learned his lesson, and after being suitably punished by being traded to the O's for pennies on the dollar he'll pitch wonderfully without incident.

The biggest point is this:

"His teammates will accept his apology because they have to, because dwelling on this makes no sense. His bosses won?t punish him beyond a fine because, as Collins acknowledged, this isn?t high school football, you don?t sit him for a half to teach a life lesson. You give him the ball for Game 3, and the message you send will be as clear as if it were delivered with million-kilowatt neon lights bound for Broadway:

Show us you?re worth the hassle."

And if he does all will be forgiven.

This would be the type of situation that we could take advantage of this offseason. A team that has a "bad situation" with a player. Like Puig in LA. Bring them into our clubhouse and let Buck manage them and get the most out of them.

Here's the problem - Buck already said he's only interested in bringing quality people to the clubhouse - if Harvey or Puig are in "bad situations" because they're "bad apples", there will be no interest in them no matter how good they are. That's the gist I'm getting anyway.

Archived