David Ortiz to retire following 2016 season

nickr4444

Complaining about getting moved down in the order?

You can't move David Ortiz down in the order. He's earned respect. Anyway, why would you move him down, a hero of his stature should just have his strike zone shrunk to the point where he can still produce adequately. It's good for MLB and ESPN. And humanity.

You can't move David Ortiz down in the order. He's earned respect. Anyway, why would you move him down, a hero of his stature should just have his strike zone shrunk to the point where he can still produce adequately. It's good for MLB and ESPN. And humanity.

david-ortiz.jpg

Dios te salve, Papi. Llena eres de gracia...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Like I said yesterday the current group has no clue how to construct a championship roster. They have immense talent in the minors that isn't being given a chance. Bringing up Kjerstad and having him ride the bench is a joke. Why's McKenna here? Why isn't Povich here? Norby? Why was Tate sent down? Why wasn't Stowers given a chance coming out of camp? Why weren't moves made to improve the bullpen arms and maybe add another starter this offseason? What is Elias's gameplan here?
    • Yes. Thanks for the correction. 
    • If Heston survives the Yankees series he has a good chance to start being rotated in after. If he goes down now, he has to be down for 10 days unless we IL someone. So if someone has a little injury/bad pizza then we’d be playing short handed or rolling with Stowers. 
    • I’m really not the one pounding on the table for a Norby/Mayo promotion. Mayo’s 89 games in AAA isn’t a ludicrous stay there and I’m skeptical Norby can contribute enough on either side of the ball in the bigs. Basically I just wanted to point out that the team can always get better. Winning 18 of 28 games is not an acceptable reason to make a change, if there is one to be made. You say nothing is broken, but Urias is broken. He has been and is a problem. Just because the team is winning at .600+%, doesn’t mean you don’t try to replace bad production with good production. It’s the same argument you heard from Frazier defenders when Westburg was knocking on the door. Maybe the answer to the Urias problem is to keep giving Urias at-bats. I’m starting to doubt it but I’m not ready to cut him. Cleary the front office is ready to give a prospect a chance to supplant Urias (Holliday). Maybe a Norby or Mayo won’t squander their opportunity.  And Yeah, the Orioles could have more than 18 wins if Urias had been better. The goal is to win as many games as possible. Urias has been a glaring liability. There’s no guarantee Norby/Mayo would be better. But that’s true of every prospect and at some point you have to take that chance if the major league production isn’t good enough. And below replacement level isn’t good enough.  As a last point, again I don’t care what OH posters wanted to do with Henderson: 2022 Aug/Sep/Oct: 128 wRC+ 2023 Mar/Apr 2023: 96 wRC+ 2023 May: 103 wRC+ This is not the profile of a player you are demoting. Henderson started off hot, then cooled off into a league average contributor for a couple months. Before obviously exploding into the rookie of the year and MVP candidate we see now. It’s a ridiculous case to send this player to the minors.   
    • Think you mean 3 out of 10. He’s saved 7 games. 
    • We were favored last night. -110 is the standard line if nobody is favored. The Yanks are -120 right now. Slight favorites. Yankee inflation factored in. Just like the Cowboys in the NFL. 
    • That is amazing. Didn't know.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now