Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer Denard Span because he would be a huge defensive upgrade in RF, he would be an excellent lead off hitter allowing Manny to hit where belongs in the 3 hole, and he would only require a 3 year commitment. And he does not cost a pick. Oh, and the money saved between Span and either Gordon/Upton, I would use to sign Pedro Alvarez to a 3 yr/21 million deal. 6,7 and 8. And he does not cost a pick, and his LH power would go a long way towards not missing CD. Alvarez will K a ton, and hit some massive bombs...Just like CD.

I prefer Denard Span because he would be a huge defensive upgrade in RF, he would be an excellent lead off hitter allowing Manny to hit where belongs in the 3 hole, and he would only require a 3 year commitment. And he does not cost a pick. Oh, and the money saved between Span and either Gordon/Upton, I would use to sign Pedro Alvarez to a 3 yr/21 million deal. 6,7 and 8. And he does not cost a pick, and his LH power would go a long way towards not missing CD. Alvarez will K a ton, and hit some massive bombs...Just like CD.

I'd love to get Span too. This team has lacked a true leadoff hitter since Roberts and I think he would be a nice addition.

Not sure I would give Alvarez 3yrs but between him and Trumbo I think it would help replace Davis power wise.

Signing those two would also help keep money free to add a SP.

Please tell us you don't think there's any chance DD is talking about Gordon or Upton when he talks about adding an OF.

I made no comment to which we will likely get only that the preference would be to add Will Venable rather than sign Gordon or Upton to a long term deal. I can't help who we get only comment on what I would like us to do. Signing Venable to be a starter does zero to help this team. It's sad, however, that is as fans are resigned to the fact that we won't ever do what it takes to make a major move.

If that's the case sign Span and P Alverez. Finally have a lead off hitter again and another power bat.

How about Venable AND Span AND Alvarez. Spreadin' the money around. Jimmy Paredes probably wouldn't make the team though.

Career? or last year?

Career:

Home - .233/.301/.383 (.684)

Away - .267/.330/.427 (.758)

vs LHP -.222/.280/.329 (.610)

vs RHP -.256/.324/.422 (.745)

Last year, the splits were more drastic:

Home - .205/.284/.267 (.551)

Away - .271/.345/.409 (.754)

vs LHP -.159/.196/.182 (.377)

vs RHP -.256/.336/.374 (.710)

Venable could platoon with Reimold or Hoes, while Span plays mostly every day. Trumbo at 1B, Alvarez at DH.

Kansas City makes a little noise:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25404154/royals-and-joakim-soria-agree-on-three-year-25-million-deal' rel="external nofollow">

Royals and Joakim Soria agree on 3 yr, $25 mil deal

Soria, who turns 32 in May, has compiled a 2.57 ERA with 481 strikeouts in 451 career innings, and had a 2.53 ERA in 72 innings in 2015. But might he have ambitions to start -- would the Royals oblige him? At least two reporters -- Ken Rosenthal of Fox and Tony Paul of the Detroit News -- noted that Soria might be used in Kansas City's rotation. Soria has 19 career starts in the minor leagues, but only one -- in 2013 -- since the 2006 season.

Kansas City's starters, as it stands, are: Edinson Volquez, Yordano Ventura, Danny Duffy, Kris Medlen and, possibly, Brian Flynn. They could use help there, with Johnny Cueto in free agency and expected to sign elsewhere. Kansas City has been linked to Scott Kazmir in free agency, but even if he signs, they lack depth in the rotation. Maybe Soria will pull a delayed C.J. Wilson and go from closer to rotationist. Stranger things have happened.

But if Soria's bound for the bullpen, a combination of him, along with Wade Davis and Kelvin Herrera looks, well, about as good as the 2015 combo of Davis, Herrera and Madson, or the 2014 combo of Davis, Herrera and Holland. The Royals would be strong in the back of the bullpen again.

Higher average per year than O'Day, for one less year.

Archived