Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

We probably have. They wanted Bundy. That's where the "Brewers interested in Bundy came from".

The cubs have identified a new market inefficiency. Acquiring pitchers that used to pitch for the O's. Wouldn't it be ideal if we just overpaid there pitching development guy to come to baltimore. That would cost less than a million.

The Brewers just stole our minor league pitching director Derek Johnson a month or two ago. He was David Price and Sonny Gray's pitching coach at Vanderbilt amongst others.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doubtful the Orioles have any interest in trading Gausman unless they get a WOW offer. It would create too huge a hole in the rotation.

If I'm Baltimore that is my stance. Gausman would mean Schwarber in the deal. Britton and Baez. Then add pieces as needed to either side to close perceived gaps.

I don't think so. Cubs have no use for Hardy or the owed money. I don't know -- I'm sure there are varying strong opinions in both organizations about the value of Soler/Baez/Gausman, in which case it comes down to whose voice is the loudest at each table.

For me personally? I like Baez > Soler and believe in Schwarber's bat and future at 1b/dh. I'm a McKinney guy too. I'm not a Soler guy, though I respect the power.

I love Solars contract though signed for the next 5 years at just 4 million a season could be a major steal no worry of getting to expensive in arbitration.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1B OF Steve Pearce's name has come up among free agents the Rangers are evaluating</p>— TR Sullivan (@Sullivan_Ranger) <a href="

">December 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stotle, where are you on Vogelbach? He's the hitter bubbling up who I always hear needs to go to an AL team to DH.

Gausman wouldn't get Soler, Baez and Vogelbach by himself, would he?

No way Gausman gets you all three of those. Vogelbach's value is down because he was injured for a chunk of the year, hasn't made strides at 1B and continues to struggle with the body. Clearly DH only. High risk but big power potential. Still, the DH only thing and bad body (which some would say is already "breaking down") limits my excitement compared to where it was when I first saw him down in Jupiter in 2010.

I don't mind getting him at all -- he's just not a major piece for me.

I love Solars contract though signed for the next 5 years at just 4 million a season could be a major steal no worry of getting to expensive in arbitration.

True, but query how big those arbitration paydays will be if he's only averaging around 100 to 120 games a year. It's nice upside, but I don't love the body type (tight-muscled), the defense is a clown show many nights, and I haven't seen indications he's any closer to solving the contact issue. So, as with Vogelbach, I like him well enough for his strengths but he isn't a primary target for me.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">5 teams in on masterson, including Pittsburgh. Good bounce back candidate <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Masty?src=hash">#Masty</a></p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

If I'm Baltimore that is my stance. Gausman would mean Schwarber in the deal. Britton and Baez. Then add pieces as needed to either side to close perceived gaps.

So if Baltimore's stance is Gausman's the most valuable piece in the exchange, and he's a $20 bill, around where do you see values falling?

Gausman = $20.00

Schwarber = $17.50 (I think Gausman ~15% ahead of Schwarber is as much as could be argued, and even that might be pushing)

Soler = $15.00

Britton = $10.00

Baez = $6.00

McKinney = $4.00

Vogelbach = $1.50

Take a look at his BBR page. There is a note that he can opt out in the later years and go through arbitration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if Baltimore's stance is Gausman's the most valuable piece in the exchange, and he's a $20 bill, around where do you see values falling?

Gausman = $20.00

Schwarber = $17.50 (I think Gausman ~15% ahead of Schwarber is as much as could be argued, and even that might be pushing)

Soler = $15.00

Britton = $10.00

Baez = $6.00

McKinney = $4.00

Vogelbach = $1.50

I think the difference between Gausman/Britton value is greater. I'd call Schwarber/Guasman a toss-up; would have to look at control years maybe. Baez more valuable than Soler and Britton. Britton Soler maybe close to toss-up. I don't know -- that's a rough exercise to do on the fly.

And we need to pull the offer to O'Day.

Also trade Britton.

If Wade Miley can land multiple pieces (including Carson Smith), why is O'Day worth such a steep investment? Am I missing something? Is Miley better than his numbers suggest? Are the players the Sox got actually trash?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">5 teams in on masterson, including Pittsburgh. Good bounce back candidate <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Masty?src=hash">#Masty</a></p>? Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

Is he? I don't think so. *checks to see who his agent is* *not Scott Boras*

Side note -- I didn't know he was Jamaican.

Archived