Adam Jones 2016

Frobby

While Adam Jones is still an all-star level player, his offense has declined three straights years. His OPS+ has gone 125, 118, 115, 109. His oWAR has gone 5.6, 4.6, 4.5, 2.8. He was banged up for a good bit of 2015 and missed 25 games, playing hobbled in a number of others. He's now on the proverbial "wrong side of 30."

I think 2016 is an important year for Adam. We will need him at his best in order to contend. I'm really hoping he can stay healthier than he did in 2015. I'm also worried that if the team doesn't contend, he may get very frustrated.

While Adam Jones is still an all-star level player, his offense has declined three straights years. His OPS+ has gone 125, 118, 115, 109. His oWAR has gone 5.6, 4.6, 4.5, 2.8. He was banged up for a good bit of 2015 and missed 25 games, playing hobbled in a number of others. He's now on the proverbial "wrong side of 30."

I think 2016 is an important year for Adam. We will need him at his best in order to contend. I'm really hoping he can stay healthier than he did in 2015. I'm also worried that if the team doesn't contend, he may get very frustrated.

One way to keep him healthy would be to give him a day off once in a while. Or at least DH him occasionally.

Days off occasionally would help, I agree.

He's not getting any more disciplined at the plate. If he'd find a way to cut down the non-strikes he swings at, his offense would improve. Won't happen, though.

I would not extend his contract when it ends.

You've laid out the dots, let me connect them

He should be traded now.

If not we will find us with a disgruntled, declining OF'er making 18 million dollars for slightly above replacement level WAR. Adam Jones is/will not decline gracefully. He will be nothing more than a 4th OF'er occasional DH by the time he is 33

He should be traded now.

If not we will find us with a disgruntled, declining OF'er making 18 million dollars for slightly above replacement level WAR. Adam Jones is/will not decline gracefully. He will be nothing more than a 4th OF'er occasional DH by the time he is 33

He was having one of his best seasons before the shoulder injury. He may bounce back and be an All Star again, or he may never recover. Way to early to be making any predictions one way or another. That said, I am listening to offers on anybody other than Machado, Gausman, and Harvey.

He should be traded now.

Lay it out for us. Who are you trading him for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was having one of his best seasons before the shoulder injury. He may bounce back and be an All Star again, or he may never recover. Way to early to be making any predictions one way or another. That said, I am listening to offers on anybody other than Machado, Gausman, and Harvey.

I don't hold the shoulder injury against him. And say he's getting older and hurt more. We were in mid collapse and the guy tried to run through a wall. He tried to will us to win, we just had no SP and situational hitting last year. I expect Adam to put up a typical Adam year. 30 100 and GG defense.

I don't hold the shoulder injury against him. And say he's getting older and hurt more. We were in mid collapse and the guy tried to run through a wall. He tried to will us to win, we just had no SP and situational hitting last year. I expect Adam to put up a typical Adam year. 30 100 and GG defense.

By typical you mean do something he's done once in his career?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He should be traded now.

I don't know if I agree with that but now is the time to deal him. Cleveland is dangling one of their SPs for a bat.

I hope he goes back to a deeper CF as well. In 2014 he had one of his best defensive campaigns and then suddenly decided he'd try and channel Paul Blair. Adam doesn't go back on the ball well while he is ok at running laterally. He's better at that than he is going back and it showed last year.

His arm strength has always been a positive, but the diving play he made on a catch last year may have caused him to land hard on his shoulder which in turn adversely affected his throwing from then on. Hopefully the off season allows him to regain his strength.

I don't hold the shoulder injury against him. And say he's getting older and hurt more. We were in mid collapse and the guy tried to run through a wall. He tried to will us to win, we just had no SP and situational hitting last year. I expect Adam to put up atypical Adam year. 30 100 and GG defense.
By typical you mean do something he's done once in his career?

What is it about "atypical" you don't understand?

Oh wait..... :slytf:

Archived