Would you be ok with...

Sir_Loin

New poster here, sorry if this has been discussed.

Would you be ok if the Orioles moved on from Davis and focused in other areas specifically upgrading their club in this light:

Signing Upton as a LF'er

Signing Alvarez as a LH DH

Trading for a starting pitcher

Basically, what are we going to do if we move on from Davis? Who gets the money? It won't be Machado, not yet at least. Is it Upton, Heyward, Cespedes, Cueto?

Upton is a RH bat we need LH bats, and we lose the first round pick. What SP are we trading for and who are we giving up? I like signing Alvarez if we don't sign CD.

If we get Alvarez, there is out LH bat. Upton would be a great compliment to the lineup.

RF?

Machado (3B)

Jones (CF)

Wieters ©

Trumbo (1B)

Upton (LF)

Alvarez (DH)

Schoop (2B)

Hardy (SS)

As far as pitching goes, I like Shelby Miller but the price was high. DD keeps talking about trade proposals to teams who have signed some free agent pitchers and have some depth to deal from. Who signed so far? Ander son with LAD, Zimmermann with DET, Grienke with AZ, and Price in BOS (Miley was already dealt from depth). Are we working to deal for one of their starters?

If we get Alvarez, there is out LH bat. Upton would be a great compliment to the lineup.

RF?

Machado (3B)

Jones (CF)

Wieters ©

Trumbo (1B)

Upton (LF)

Alvarez (DH)

Schoop (2B)

Hardy (SS)

As far as pitching goes, I like Shelby Miller but the price was high. DD keeps talking about trade proposals to teams who have signed some free agent pitchers and have some depth to deal from. Who signed so far? Ander son with LAD, Zimmermann with DET, Grienke with AZ, and Price in BOS (Miley was already dealt from depth). Are we working to deal for one of their starters?

We need more than one LH bat. Miller is now in ARI.

What about this?

Spann/Fowler OF

Machado 3B

Wieters C

Trumbo 1B

Jones CF

Alvarez DH

Schoop 2B

Hardy SS

Dariel Alvarez or other RF

I like Fowler but he got a QO so we would lose pick....if we are going to lose pick it should be for Upton/Gordon

Would we be better off signing Gordon and Alvarez, than signing Davis? Then, maybe get a Venable/Hoes or Reimold platoon in the other outfield slot?

RF - Venable/Reimold

3B - Manny

CF - Jones

LF - Gordon

1B - Trumbo

C - Wieters

DH - Alvarez

2B - Schoop

SS - Hardy

Would we be better off signing Gordon and Alvarez, than signing Davis? Then, maybe get a Venable/Hoes or Reimold platoon in the other outfield slot?

RF - Venable/Reimold

3B - Manny

CF - Jones

LF - Gordon

1B - Trumbo

C - Wieters

DH - Alvarez

2B - Schoop

SS - Hardy

I get worried about Gordon, 31 years old. He will want a 5 year deal, and I think SF gets him. But I like your thinking--spend 150M on one player or spread it out between two (ALOT less $$).

RF - Venable/Reimold

3B - Manny

CF - Jones

LF - Gordon

1B - Trumbo

C - Wieters

DH - Alvarez

2B - Schoop

SS - Hardy

I've been advocating for the same thing....if we could fit is Span rather then alverez the lineup would be great. Gordon should also be an option to leadoff

It's the # 13 pick and it should be for Heyward if anyone.

I keep seeing that we have the 13th pick. I can't figure out how. We started at 15 and AZ signed Greinke. That would move us to 14. Did Boston, Tampa, or Seattle sign somebody that cost them a pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing that we have the 13th pick. I can't figure out how. We started at 15 and AZ signed Greinke. That would move us to 14. Did Boston, Tampa, or Seattle sign somebody that cost them a pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boston and Settle will. We have until June for them to do that.

Archived