Which starting 9 would you prefer?

El Gordo

Which starting 9 would you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which starting 9 would you prefer?

This poll is closed to new votes

Good thread.

One of the main reasons why I would like to have Chris Davis back is for his defense at 1st base.

I also like the fact that Nolan Reimold (our most patient batter at the plate) stayed healthy for all of last season ...... plus, he's inexpensive.

CD career UZR/150 1B .02, Trumbo 6.3.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chose B for this excersise, although I do not want any of the top tier Free Agents. I want Denard Span, Pedro Alvarez and a pitcher that does not cost us our first round pick. That would be Leake, Kazmir or Chen. I think I prefer Chen if the cost gets down a little bit.

Good thread.

One of the main reasons why I would like to have Chris Davis back is for his defense at 1st base.

I also like the fact that Nolan Reimold (our most patient batter at the plate) stayed healthy for all of last season ...... plus, he's inexpensive.

Davis was horrible at 1st base for the 1st 1/3 of the 2012 season, which is one of the reasons why I was concerned about letting Mark Reynolds go at the end of that season, and leaving the position up to him (Davis.)

To my surprise, he was much better in 2013 than I thought that he would be, and continued to play well there in 2014 and 2015, as well.

I love the infield defense of Machado at 3rd base, Hardy at shortstop, Schoop at 2nd base, and Davis at 1st base, and would be reluctant to mess with it unless we were replacing them with somebody who was at least as good or better than them at said positions.

Davis was horrible at 1st base for the 1st 1/3 of the 2012 season, which is one of the reasons why I was concerned about letting Mark Reynolds go at the end of that season, and leaving the position up to him (Davis.)

To my surprise, he was much better in 2013 than I thought that he would be, and continued to play well there in 2014 and 2015, as well.

I love the infield defense of Machado at 3rd base, Hardy at shortstop, Schoop at 2nd base, and Davis at 1st base, and would be reluctant to mess with it unless we were replacing them with somebody who was at least as good or better than them at said positions.

Trumbo is at least as good if not better.

Good thread.

Being that he (Trumbo) played a total of 23 games at the position last year and 43 games at the position in 2014, I would not be comfortable making that assumption.

I would just as soon have Davis back there again, if he could be brought back at a reasonable price.

Being that he (Trumbo) played a total of 23 games at the position last year and 43 games at the position in 2014, I would not be comfortable making that assumption.

I would just as soon have Davis back there again, if he could be brought back at a reasonable price.

Turbo has played 3000 IN and Davis 5000 at1B.

Good thread.

Turbo has played 3000 IN and Davis 5000 at1B.

That's in regard to their entire careers. I'm talking about their most recent history, which I believe to be the most relevant in this case.

After being very bad at 1st base for 1/3 of the 2012 season, Davis has been good defensively the last 3 years as the Orioles first baseman. Trumbo has not played 1st base regularly since 2013. If you're comfortable with banking on Trumbo's history and track record from several years ago, fine. I'm not. I would just as soon leave well enough alone.

Archived